Can I download all of my transactions going back to 1 Jan 2022?

hrdobin
hrdobin Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I am new to Quicken.

I easily added all of my bank accounts, credits cards and investment accounts, but it only went back 80 or 90 days.

Is there a way, like with a downloaded delimited file, etc., to upload the data going back to the beginning of last year (1 Jan 2022)? Even if it is manually, I would be interested in how to do it. Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @hrdobin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

By default, automatic transaction downloads in Quicken only have the ability to download the last 30 to 90 days of transaction history (this date range is decided by the financial institution). If you wish to download further back than that, you will need to sign in to your Online Banking account at the financial institution's website and download a Web Connect .qfx file that you can then import into Quicken if your financial institution supports and offers this form of transaction downloads.

Please, refer to this support article for more information and instructions on Web Connect .qfx.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Your FI or bank controls how far back you can download. Most only go back 90 days. The rest you will have to enter manually. You might get a greater range of transactions if you go to your financial institution's website and download a different range of dates in a Web Connect .QFX file. If you manually enter older transactions, be sure to adjust the opening balance to account for them as you enter them.

See this FAQ on downloading older transactions,

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

just to clarify - it is up to each bank, brokerage, credit union, etc … as to how much data they will offer for manual downloading and even if they support Quicken manual downloads of QFX formatted files -

Give us a list of the exact named Quicken accounts you have setup … and we can at least look to see if they support manual downloading of Quicken QFX formatted files.

• hrdobin
    hrdobin Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Thank you to all who tried to help me! I set up an appointment with a Quicken Support agent who helped me to understand the process that I needed to follow in order to get my transactions back to the beginning of the tax year.

It involved exporting my bank/cc info to Quicken compatible files for the date range from the beginning of the year (or slightly further back for some CCs that didn't give running balances, so I went back to the statement some time in Dec 22) THRU to the date transactions on Quicken began. I then imported that data into the existing account on my Quicken file. Next I updated the opening balance back to the new start date. Finally I balanced the account to the online balance (sometimes a typo on my opening balance, sometimes transactions that the bank saw as happening after a date Quicken had). 15+ accounts balanced back to 1 Jan 2023.

I did experience an odd glitch that another Quicken Support agent helped me with. Two accounts showed a erroneous balance in the summary table on the left side. He was able to quickly fix that for me, too.

Thanks again to you all and especially the Quicken Support agents!

This discussion has been closed.