Navy Federal - Not downloading all transactions

Options
ScubaMan
ScubaMan Member ✭✭

Hello - this has started to happen more frequently. I have quicken setup to download transactions from my Navy Federal account. It doesn't always download all the transactions. For example, today I downloaded the transactions through "update now". When it finished, I had the little blue dot next to my Navy Federal bank account. However, when I went into the account on Quicken, there were no downloaded transactions. I looked at my bank site and there were two transactions (both deposits) that had cleared the bank (not pending), but they were not downloaded or cleared.

This has also happened where it downloaded cleared transactions, but some were not downloaded. Help!

Comments

• chrisWhatever
    Options

I have the same issue but with outbound transactions to NFCU. Randomly, electronic funds transfers to nfcu do not download. Some do, some dont.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ScubaMan and @chrisWhatever,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you are having trouble with Quicken claiming there are downloaded transactions, but you are not seeing any, then I recommend you follow the troubleshooting steps from this article to resolve the issue:

Ensure the Search bar above the register is cleared. Text in the Search bar will adjust the register to only show transactions that match that text. 

First, turn Automatic Entry off

1. Press Ctrl+A on the keyboard to bring up the Account List, then click the Edit button next to the affected account in the list.  
    2. In the Account Details window, click on the Online Services tab then click Automatic entry is
    3. Select No on the next dialog box and click OK
    4. Automatic entry should show as "Off" now.
    5. Click OK to close the Account Details window, then click Done on the Account List.
    6. Close Quicken, wait a few seconds, then re-open it. The transactions should appear upon re-opening Quicken.

Note: If you have multiple accounts affected by this issue, you can make the change outlined above to all the accounts at once by going to Edit > Preferences, then going to Downloaded transactions and unchecking the box next to Automatically add to banking registers.

Then, check account register and Online Center

Quicken will show you downloaded transactions in multiple locations. The following information shows you how to check for downloaded transactions in the account register and Online Center.

1. Open the account register and select Downloaded Transactions at the bottom of the register.
      • If there are transactions listed, accept them to the register.
      • If there are not any transactions listed, proceed with the next step.
    2. Choose the Tools menu > Online Center.
    3. Select the appropriate financial institution and account.
    4. Select Transactions. If transactions are listed, click Compare to Register and accept the transactions.

Note: Compare to Register will display online payments on the initial screen. After accepting your online payments, click Continue, Next or Done to see the rest of your downloaded transactions.

• If no transactions are listed or Compare to Register does not allow you to accept the transactions, proceed to the next section.

Lastly, correct data issues

If the Quicken data file is damaged, you might receive prompts about downloaded transactions when you don't have any downloaded transactions. 

If you know when this issue began, the best solution is to restore a backup created before this issue began.

If you do not have a backup to restore, Quicken has a built-in utility, Validate, that will correct many data issues. Please note this does not correct all issues and these steps should be taken if the other steps outlined did not resolve the problem.

1. Choose the File menu > Copy or Backup File.
    2. Select Create a copy or template, then click Next
    3. Accept all defaults and click Save Copy.
    4. Open the New Copy when prompted.
    5. Choose the File > Validate and Repair File.
    6. Select the new copy created in step 3 and click OK. Note: Depending on the size of your data file, you may need to wait a while for the validation process to finish. Do not use the Task Manager to close Quicken. Quicken displays an error message if it cannot validate the file. If Quicken is able to validate the file and any errors are found, Quicken displays a message, "Data losses were found in your file". You can view the log file for more information.
    7. Perform a One Step Update and complete the Check the account register... section steps above again.

Note: Depending on the size of your data file, you may need to wait a while for the validation process to finish. Do not use the Task Manager to close Quicken. Quicken displays an error message if it cannot validate the file. If Quicken is able to validate the file and any errors are found, Quicken displays a message, "Data losses were found in your file". You can view the log file for more information.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TexBobBoy
    TexBobBoy Member ✭✭
    Options

I've got the same issue. I carefully went through all these steps, and the download failure remains. Each account Download date is updated, a red Flag appears next to each account, indicating a downloaded transaction is there, but no Downloaded Transaction is available.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TexBobBoy,

Thank you for joining the discussion. When did you first notice this issue? One of the steps was restoring a backup from before the issue started (if possible). Were you able to do that? If so, did the issue persist in the newly restored file?

If you tried all those steps and the issue persists, the next step would be performing a Super Validate.

Prior to performing the Super Validate, please backup your Quicken file.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• TexBobBoy
    TexBobBoy Member ✭✭
    Options

I noticed the issue after the most recent update, R50.15, build 27.1.50.14. I tried restoring a backup from the file that Quicken created, plus my backup, both from a date prior to the Quicken update i noted, with the same result. The downloads are showing up in the Download Center, but I can't accept them from there.

• TexBobBoy
    TexBobBoy Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried the Super Validate procedure and nothing changed. Also, I just noticed that when I went to process my paycheck, the only info. that shows on the Track Paycheck screen is the top block, Start On, and Frequency. All my usual populated deductions and deposits are not appearing.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

It's important to know in the copied file all online services will be disconnected, and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• TexBobBoy
    TexBobBoy Member ✭✭
    Options

Not sure if the procedure copying my data file was the fix, or the Quicken Update to R50.16, Build 27.1.50.16 that did the trick, but I'm able to access the downloaded transactions into each account now. thanks for the help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear its working now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.