Can't get Quicken to accept Investment Accounts as a transfer option

Options
Alan Foster
Alan Foster Member ✭✭

I have Investment Accounts that are synced to Mobile & Cloud. I can see the balances for those accounts in Quicken Mobile. However, if I want to enter a new transaction in Quicken Mobile to, for example, transfer money from my checking account to one of the investment accounts, Quicken does not include any of my investment accounts as eligible options to receive a transfer. This impacts 100.0% of my investment accounts, all of which are synced to Quicken Mobile and for which I can see their balances in Quicken Mobile. Please help.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Alan Foster,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this issue happening only in the mobile version of Quicken, or is it also happening if you try to document the transfers in the desktop version of Quicken? Are the accounts you are trying to transfer to synced with mobile and web?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Alan Foster
    Alan Foster Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks for the quick reply. This only happens in the Mobile version of Quicken. It works properly in the Desktop version. All of the investment accounts are synced to Mobile and Web and appear to be syncing correctly, as the balances for those accounts are correct and consistent with the Desktop version. Even with the successful sync, those accounts do not appear as options to transfer money to. Thank you for your assistance.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since I was able to replicate the issue in my Quicken, we have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-7144)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Alan Foster
    Alan Foster Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Kristina. I have reported the problem and have attached all the files except the sanitized version of my data file, which apparently was too large to send.

• UnfocusedSenior
    UnfocusedSenior Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. The web version of Quicken is a bit disappointing so far.

• UnfocusedSenior
    UnfocusedSenior Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Following the above issue, I thought to myself … what if I do some kind of reverse entry. Meaning … go into the investment account and do a posting as a deposit but from my so-called checking account (source). I then discovered that I cannot enter anything on the web for my investment accounts. All it shows are balances and no detail … meaning no register, etc. What an absolute pain!!!

This discussion has been closed.