How do you go back to previous version of Quicken

Options
cjim
cjim Member ✭✭✭

I upgraded and been running the Windows R50.15 version now for a week or so and I have already experienced 5 crashes. Not a good experience.

To go back to a previous version that was working without issue can I simply install the previous older version of Quicken over the current version and use it with my current data file?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @cjim,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you want to revert to a previous version of Quicken, you can use this article to download the version you want. Once you download the patch, open it and it should automatically execute and request permission to make changes. That should roll Quicken back to the earlier version you chose. Please note that it may want to automatically update to the current version again. If you get the prompt to do so, decline it.

Did the crashing start immediately after you upgraded to R50.15? Is there anything in particular that seems to trigger Quicken to crash? What happens when it crashes (eg: does it just refuse to open, does it freeze then unexpectedly close, or some other behavior)? Have you restarted your computer since the issue started? Did you try reinstalling R50.15 to see if that resolved the issue?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

just a note - unless you have taken special actions with Windows Security User Access Control … Quicken will just install AND then later update to the latest release - so you are right back with R50.xx … with no prompting or controls.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.