Savings Goal Transfers missing

Options
Joe12
Joe12 Member ✭✭✭

My savings goal withdrawls are missing. Anyone else see this?

Each month I save a designated amount for longer term savings… i.e. that eventual water heater replacement, or annual property taxes.

Then the month that the expense comes I pay it and transfer money OUT of the savings goal to pay the expense.

All of the withdrawls are now missing. Anyone else have this? Any suggestions on a better way?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Joe12,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Joe12
    Joe12 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

hello @Quicken Jasmine

Validated and super validated. No change. Transactions are gone.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Joe12,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? How long ago did you notice this issue?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Joe12
    Joe12 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine

I noticed it two days ago when I was doing my month end close out for June…

I usually look at spending the end of the month, and for categories where I spend money where I have savings goals, (i.e. auto repair) I transfer money out of the goal and into my spending account.

For some reason this month, I looked back in my register and noticed all the end of month savings goal transfers were gone, back to the end of January.

I never have thought to look and see if Quicken was deleting transactions… maybe I should have, given it deletes budgets, removes bills, forgets how to connect with banks, etc… I have used Quicken for over 20 years, so very familiar with bugs, but this one is about to push me over the edge.

I do back up very frequently, and have gone through recent, and older back ups and the transactions have been gone for quite some time.

Thanks for help… and if there is a suggestion on how better to manage savings for sporadic expenses, other than a savings goal, let me know…

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Joe12,

Thank you for providing more information.

Unfortunately, the only way to bring the transactions back is by manually reentering them or by restoring from a backup that was created before the issue occurred. You may follow this link to access more information regarding saving and restoring from backups. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding just in case you would like to return to where you currently are.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Geno J
    Geno J Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine

I have noticed this with the one saving goal I have for my new central air system.

Each month I transfer money from checking account to the savings goal.

One day I logged into quicken and noticed my checking account balance was the same online as in the register (which should have been thousands of dollars lower). I looked and could not find my Savings Goal transfers in the checking account register. I went to the Savings goal and all of the transactions were there. I right clicked on one of the transactions and selected go to matching transfer.

The account balance in checking changed and all of my previous transfers were now in the register.
    Try this and let me know if this "solves" your problem or if you have any questions. By the way I have to do this every time I go into my checking account register if I want to see the balance with the savings goals in the register.

This is a bug that Quicken can easily fix if they pay attention to these support logs.

Good Luck,

Gene

This discussion has been closed.