Current credit card balance not retaining selection (transfer reminder)

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Current credit card balance not retaining selection..

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. I have seen this post before but most of the discussions have been marked closed. This issue is still a problem with the most recent updates. The current credit card balance estimate continues to revert to a "fixed amount". This has been an issue for the past few updates.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Hub,

Thank you for joining the discussion. When did this issue first start? Do you recall which release it was? What kind of reminder is this (transfer, manual bill reminder, or online bill reminder)? Does it change from an estimate to a fixed amount on its own? Have you noticed any specific action(s) that triggers it to change?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina

I believe it started about two months ago, but don't know what the version number would have been. I have turned off the mobile sync based on the issues with bill reminders and auto entry. The credit card balance monitor used to work perfectly. Mine are transfer reminders.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Did turning off mobile sync stop the issue? If not, have you noticed any specific action(s) that triggers it to change? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

I do not know what caused the issue. I do not show OneDrive as a file location as I try not to use that program.

Reverts daily back to 14 days from any other setting.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

When you say "Reverts daily back to 14 days from any other setting", are you referring to the "Due In" filter? If so, that is a known issue, that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Is the reverting back to 14 days issue separate from the original issue you mentioned? If so, then to continue troubleshooting the issue with the balance estimate shifting to fixed amount, the next step would be validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes it is shown in the "Due in 14 Days box. Thank you, I am monitoring this thread.

There is also still the issue of credit card estimates not using the current credit card balance, but reverting to "Off" and "Fixed Amount"

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

To continue troubleshooting the issue with estimated amount changing to fixed amount, have you tried validating/super validating your file (directions are in my previous post)? If so, what were the results?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina:
    Yes, I have validated and super validated with no change

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

The next step would be restoring a backup from before the issue started, if possible, then checking to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

I have restored a prior backup but am reluctant to go back very far as it’s not clear when it started. And a restore then requires many updates and market updates.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

If restoring a backup is not a viable option, the next step is to try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina
    Okay, I followed the instructions above and used the "Copy" to see if the due in category would change. It still reverted to 14 days after changing to 30 days and closing and reopening the file.

So going back to initial file as this did not fix the issue

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Just to clarify, the issue with the "Due In" filter reverting back to 14 days is a known issue that is already being worked on. Creating a copy wouldn't correct that issue. The reason for creating a copy was to see if the other unwanted behavior, the credit card transfer reminders changing from estimated to fixed, was corrected. Did creating the copy resolve that issue, or is it still persisting?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina

The copy did not solve the "Due in" filter issue. Still reverts to "Off" and "Fixed amount"

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

The "Due In" filter issue is a known issue that is already being worked on. I provided the link to the Community Alert for that issue in my first post from July 7th.

For the Issue with the credit card reminders changing from estimated to fixed amount, I recommend you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.