Discover Card

Options

Hi

For some time now I have been unable to download transactions from my Discover Card. Several times I have deactivated and tried to re-activate the account. After Quicken connects to Discover I get the screen that says "Don't Add to Quicken" with no other options available. This only applies to my Discover Card. I have accounts at Discover Bank which I have had no issues with. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @hfoster41,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Based on the screenshot you provided, it looks like Quicken thinks your Discover Card is connected to an account named "Discover" in your Quicken. I recommend that you first backup your Quicken file, then go to Tools>Account List, find that account named "Discover," click the Edit button next to that account, select the Online Services tab, and click the Deactivate button.

Once you have deactivated the account, go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts to reconnect your account. On the Add/Link screen, make sure it is seeing the correct account to link your Discover Card to and that the action shows Link to existing.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @hfoster41,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Based on the screenshot you provided, it looks like Quicken thinks your Discover Card is connected to an account named "Discover" in your Quicken. I recommend that you first backup your Quicken file, then go to Tools>Account List, find that account named "Discover," click the Edit button next to that account, select the Online Services tab, and click the Deactivate button.

Once you have deactivated the account, go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts to reconnect your account. On the Add/Link screen, make sure it is seeing the correct account to link your Discover Card to and that the action shows Link to existing.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• hfoster41
    hfoster41 Member
    Options

Hello Quicken Kristina

Thank you so much and good catch. There was an old Discover account from many years ago that I hid when the account was cancelled. Not sure how it happened but somehow the downloads got attached to that account. The missing transactions were there waiting to be accepted. All fixed now. Thanks again!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear its fixed now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• erictoninewport
    erictoninewport Member ✭✭
    Options

I had this same issue. I deactivated and reactivated the account. It seems to reactivate ok, but i still keep getting error code cc-800. HELP #frustrated

This discussion has been closed.