Investment Reports and Graphs for Quicken Mac become equivalent to the Windows version

Options
dlmitts
dlmitts Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments

Please follow through on the promise to being equivalency between the Mac and Windows versions. That was the implication of the future development of the Mac version back in 2015. Robust investment features are still missing from Quicken for the Mac, and that includes custom investment reporting, customer investment graphs, etc. I see many requests for different investment features for the Mac Version. They need to be agglomerated and evaluated — but most of all they need to be added.

13 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• dlmitts
    dlmitts Member ✭✭
    Options

Would anyone else like Quicken to improved Investment functions on the Mac, at least as good as Quicken Deluxe 2007 for the Mac, and preferably as robust as Quicken for Windows?

• Jimbo8
    Jimbo8 Member
    Options

I was very disappointed to find out after using Quicken for Windows for many years and then switching to Quicken for Mac that the investment section, especially reporting, is so inferior.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Unfortunately, trying to lump things under "make investments work like Quicken Windows" isn't practical because it isn't an actionable item for the developers — it's a bunch of separate things which need to be designed and programmed. Thus the separate threads for specific feature requests/needs is actually more actionable by the development team.

And just to be clear, I agree that investment reports for Quicken Mac should be near the very top of the to-do list for the developers!

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RD of EP
    RD of EP Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, so here's an actionable item. How about starting with an Investment Performance Report like the one in Quicken for Windows?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

How about starting with an Investment Performance Report like the one in Quicken for Windows?

@RD of EP I've always been a Quicken Mac user, so I don't know what a Quicken Windows investment performance report shows. According to Quicken online help, "Investment performance (IRR) report… shows the average annual return, often called the internal rate of return (IRR), of your securities during a specified period." If this is something you're looking for, I just want to make sure you're aware you can get this in Quicken Mac. Click on an account or an account group in the left sidebar, click on Portfolio, set the filter to Performance, and se the second filter to Account or Security. Then click the Columns icon and select one or more of the IRR time periods (YTD, 1 year, 3 year, 5 year), and you'll have an on-screen report on your securities or account(s). This Portfolio view can be printed (or exported) if you want.

Now, the problem is that each time you look up something with your investments, you're changing the selected account(s), and the filters, so you always have to set up what you want to see at any time. Hopefully the developers will come up with a way to create saved views/reports to make this easier. But I just wanted to make sure you knew about how to get a report on your investment performance IRR (and/or ROI).

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just so you know what the report looks like.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/