Invalid Transfer Message

Options
jrc362
jrc362 Member

I am getting a red arrow next to nearly all my automatic transfer entries. When i click the arrow, I get this message - This transaction has one or more invalid transfers. If I delete the entry in the Transfer window and rewrite it, it does not make the transfer valid. I have to enter a different account entirely, save it, then go back and enter the correct account in order for the arrow to go away and make the transfer valid. This has been going on for a while and i finally decided to see if I can get some help. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

J

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I've only seen this with an imported transaction and the target account does not exist in the database. But clearly your target account exists.

Let me take a wild stab at a fix: Create a new account of the same type as the problem account. Select all transactions in the problem account and drag/drop them to the new account in the sidebar, making the problem account empty. Check that the new account balance is correct. Then delete the now-empty problem account. Change your scheduled transfers to point to the new account. I'm hoping there was a database glitch with the problem account that this will fix and you can use the new account going forward (renamed as desired).

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Actually, I've seen a scattered number of similar reports about invalid transfers in recent months. I'm not sure whether they're all the same issue, and I don't think any thread I've seen has gotten to the bottom of the issue.

I think I've seen other similar posts.

(I haven't seen this myself, so I don't have any answers about what's going on.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jrc362
    jrc362 Member
    Options

Thanks RickO and Jacobs. Apologies for such a delayed response. Thought I would get notified when a reply came in. Appreciate the suggestions. Tried RickO's suggestion but no luck.

This discussion has been closed.