Quicken data file becomes corrupt/hangs after new security(ies) added, reopened

Options
theputnams
theputnams Member ✭✭

I recently began to experience an issue when attempting to opening my Quicken data file where the left-hand links never enable, the watch list never populates and the menu items (links or buttons) do not respond to mouse clicks. Instead, I'm prompted to either "Wait.." or "Close.." - it never finishes, so I am forced to close Quicken.

Working backwards to see when this problem was introduced, I have a manual backup from 6/28 and an automatic backup from 7/1 that both open without issue.

Then, working forward, I have identified the action that causes the problem to occur:

If a security is added either by entering the matching Symbol during investment transaction download/import or manually in the Securities List (+Add Security), the program functions normally until I exit and reload Quicken. At that point, it again hangs.

I have tried each of the following, starting with either of the two recent "good" data files, but as soon as I add a security, then exit and reload Quicken, I cannot navigate within the program and it just hangs:

1. Uninstall and freshly install Quicken
  2. Validate & Repair - no issues reported
  3. Repair Pricing History - no issues reported
  4. Super Validate - no issues reported, but the "Validate.." dialog does hang after the log is displayed and I have to force the application to close.

I suspect a bug was introduced in one of the last few "rapid fire" updates that is the root of my issue (this has unfortunately proven to be the case in the past). Or the Validate is not detecting a sleeper data issue that is now being uncovered by the addition of one or more securities. For the curious, I currently have 529 securities, which I believe is well below the maximum.

Hoping others may be encountering the same and the Quicken team quickly researches and resolves it.

Any similar experience or suggestions welcomed..

-Chris

Quicken user since '93

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @theputnams,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Due to the previous troubleshooting steps having failed, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.