Quicken is not downloading all vendor information from AmEx (Q Mac)

Options
JLMR
JLMR Member

Quicken is not downloading all individual payee information from American Express so that it is recognizable as each individual vendor from my Am Ex statement. This is particularly prevalent with transactions processed through ApplePay at various vendors and Uber, amongst others. These transactions are populated with my last name in the payee field of the register. Then I have to painstakingly fill in the actual payee for each transaction. These downloads used to include all payee information fine before the recent upgrade with AmEx. Has something changed with the new upgrade? Is there a setting that I can change?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @JLMR,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Is this affecting American Express only, or have you noticed this happening with other financial institutions? Have you checked the memo column to see if that provides the additional payee information?

Just in case you have a memorized payee or renaming rule that is causing trouble, backup your file, then try right clicking on one of the transactions that downloaded without all the vendor information and select "Revert to Downloaded Payee Name".

If there is anything in Quicken changing it, reverting to how it originally downloaded would change it back, then you would need to go to Window>Payees & Rules to edit or remove the rule(s) or memorized payee(s) causing the issue.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JLMR
    JLMR Member
    Options

Hi Quicken Kristina,

Thank you for the suggestions. This issue first started at the end of May after I updated the connectivity with American Express after receiving an email titled, "Update your American Express accounts to fix Quicken downloads." So far this has only happened with American Express. Other financial institution that I use that have NOT been effected are: Chase credit cards, Barclay card, JP Morgan bank, Key bank, Santander bank. No additional payee information (or other info) appeared in the memo column.

When I selected "Revert to Downloaded Payee Name" it reverts to the correct payee information as it appears on the Am Ex website. So that is super helpful. However, when I go to Window>Payees & Rules, there are NO rules. On the "Payees" tab, all payees show "0" under "Rules" and on the "Renaming Rules" there is nothing listed. The "Quickfill Rules" tab only shows the categories assigned to each payee. So I can't discern if there is a "rule" causing this issue. While selecting "Revert to Downloaded Payee Name" fixes the issue in the immediate moment, it's not an ideal long-term solution as I have to carefully select and alter the entries to make sure I don't make any mistakes or the functionality of the software doesn't change in the future when other updates are available. It would be ideal for the payees to initially appear correctly without having to manually revert.

Any additional suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To troubleshoot, first backup your Quicken file, then deactivate the problem accounts. Reconnect the accounts by going to Accounts>Add Account and following the prompts. When reconnecting, ensure that it shows the action as linking to the existing account; if it says Add to Quicken, then it'll add it as a new account. Once you have reconnected the accounts, test to see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.