Direct Connect with Vanguard - Error Code:16503

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Vanguard only supports Simple Investment Tracking?.

Comments

• williamhouk3
    williamhouk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, I also have the same problem, for the past 5 days… no downloads from Vanguard… I was using Direct connect

As part of debugging, I disconnected the account, but when I try to reconnect w/Direct Connect, I get an "OFX Error: 16503" error. I tried Quicken Connect, but it would only allow "Simple Investment Tracking"… (absolutely need Detailed Tracking….)

What should I try now? Dead-in-the-water for now…

• williamhouk3
    williamhouk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I should add… I saved a backup BEFORE disconnecting the Vanguard account, and after restoring… here's the full error message:

Vanguard: There was an unknown error trying to update this connection. Please try again later. (Error Code: 16503)

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @williamhouk3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Have you recently changed your password with Vanguard? Are you able to log into Vanguard's website? Do you have any inactive or closed Vanguard accounts that are still trying to connect in your Quicken? To check this, go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. Anything with a financial institution name in the Financial Institution column thinks its connected in Quicken. If there are any accounts that are connected, but shouldn't be, then backup your Quicken file and deactivate the account (or mark it as closed, if appropriate).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• williamhouk3
    williamhouk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina, Answers to your questions…

Have you recently changed your password with Vanguard? No…

Are you able to log into Vanguard's website? Yes…

Do you have any inactive or closed Vanguard accounts that are still trying to connect in your Quicken? No…

Curiously… the Vanguard download is working this morning…

Bill

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear its working this morning. The error may have been a temporary outage (for instance, if the server was down for maintenance). If the issue returns, please reach back out so we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• williamhouk3
    williamhouk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina… it was weird that it continued for 7-8 days…

This discussion has been closed.