no longer able to connect guideline to quicken

Options
munsayac
munsayac Member ✭✭

for the past several months, i connected fine with my guideline 401k account, but this past week, my third party access is no longer able to connect and i've tried to disconnect and reconnect, along with attempted to create a new third party access code through guideline.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @munsayac,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you getting any error messages and/or error codes when you try to connect/update your account? Are you able to log into the financial institution's website? Is the website giving you any prompts? Have you recently had to update your password with the financial institution?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lobbyblanco
    lobbyblanco Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I am having the same issue. I've attached a screenshot of the error I am receiving. It was working fine for a while, and now looks deprecated. For reference, I have no issues connecting Guideline to other financial sites (i.e. Merrill Lynch).

• munsayac
    munsayac Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Quicken Kristina the error i am getting is "quicken couldn't find any accounts to add", screenshot attached. same as @lobbyblanco , it was working fine 10 days ago, but only recently started to not work…. and third party access works fine for other apps.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply @munsayac and thank you for joining the discussion @lobbyblanco,

To help narrow down if this is a connection issue, or something possibly file specific in Quicken, I recommend creating a test file. First, please make a backup of your Quicken file. Then go to File>New.

This will bring up a "Lets get started" screen. Select "Start from scratch" and click the Next button.

Name the file "Test File" (or something similar; its just so that you know the file is a test and not your main file), then click the Next button.

A completely blank file with a prompt to add an account will come up.  See if you are able to add Guideline in the file or if you have the same issue as in your main Quicken file.

Once you are done in the test file, you can return to your main file by going to File>Open Recent, and selecting your file (usually in the #2 spot).

Please let me know if the issue persists in the test file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• munsayac
    munsayac Member ✭✭
    Options

hi @Quicken Kristina , thanks for these steps… i performed the test file and tested if i could connect with guideline's third party access and received the same error. please advise!

• lobbyblanco
    lobbyblanco Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I did the same and, like @munsayac, received the same error.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Since it won't connect in the test file either, that indicates it is most likely a connection issue. I recommend you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance since they are able to escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.