Importing a Apple QFX file into Quicken does not work....

Options
michael1212
michael1212 Member ✭✭✭

This is older thread on this forum Dated May 2020 concerning importing QFX files into Quicken. It us titled "Apple Card Data Export Options now include Quicken and QuickBooks File Format. The thread is now closed so i cannot add to it, thus this new thread. In this tread several users complained that they were unable to import the Apple created QFX files from their iPhone Wallet into Quicken….

So I am wondering if there has ever been a resolution on this issue?

I have experienced exactly the same problem but with a twist. I created a QFX file for each statement period on my iPhone and then simply used AirDrop to bring the files over to my Mac. Works great. (I was an early adopter of the Apple Credit Card, so my statements go all the way back to Aug of 2019). So I created all these monthly qfx files and got them to my Mac…successfully. Selected my Apple Credit card account in Quicken and then clicked on my QFX file from August 2019. Success…all transactions came over. Then Sept 2019. Again success. I was able to successfully transfer all the QFX files into Quicken UNTIL I got to May of 2023. Clicking on the May 2023 QFX file appears to work….no error messages etc, but the transactions were not imported into Quicken. Tried using the File Import feature and again, it appears to work but no transactions are imported into Quicken. I tried the June qFX file…same results - appears to work but no transactions are imported.

So wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so are they any workarounds or solutions to this problem…

Thanks in advance. Regards, Michael

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @michael1212,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I recommend creating a new (test) file and try the QFX files that failed in your original file to see if you receive the same result in the test file. This will help us determine if the issue stemps from the QFX file or from your original file. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.