how do i change account number when oneof my funds changed to a brokerage account

Options
jrobin0421
jrobin0421 Member

I don't want to loose previous records and avoid online update errors with old/new account—i am mac user

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jrobin0421,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If your account number changed, you would basically need to reconnect the account in Quicken so that Quicken will be able to "see" the updated information. To do this, you would first want to backup your Quicken file. That way, if anything unexpected or unwanted happens, you have a recent backup to go back to. Once you have backed up your file, you will want to click on the account you need to update to select it. Then click the Settings icon on the lower right side of the accounts register (or you can navigate from the Quicken menu and click Accounts > Settings). Click on the Downloads tab, then click on the Change Connection button.

That should bring you to the Add Account screen with your financial institution already selected. Follow the prompts to reconnect your account and make sure that you are opting to link it to existing account and not adding as new. Once you complete that process, Quicken should have the updated account information.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.