New Account Went in the Wrong Category or Type

Options

I had to close my checking and investment accounts and open new ones due to a potential breach, but when creating the new accounts in Quicken, it put my checking account under investing instead of under banking. How do I get it under banking? The bank is Fidelity Investments and it is direct connect. Sorry for not getting back with Jasmine quicker.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Robert Jenkins,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this Checking account a Fidelity Cash Management Account? If so, according to Fidelity's FAQ on Cash Management Accounts, it is normal for Quicken to see it as an investment account. You would add it as an investment account, then go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account, and on the General tab, there will be an option to Show cash in a checking account. Select yes, click Done, and it will create a linked checking account in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Robert Jenkins
    Robert Jenkins Member ✭✭
    Options

Perfect! Thanks some much for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm happy to help. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.