Reauthorize USAA accounts glitch removed online access

Options
jo.4tuna
jo.4tuna Member ✭✭

The problem is on a Windows 10 Home PC running Quicken Starter VR50.16. It occurred after installing a Quicken update. The software prompted me to reauthorize USAA accounts and hung up on a slow network connection. I attempted to change to another network-we have access to two. That cancelled the process and the online access information was removed from the accounts. I'd backed up just prior to this event.

A couple of months ago I had difficulties with reauthorizing and had crosslinked files and other problems. I muddled through and downloads were working well until now.

After reviewing the response to a post by a USAA customer with similar problems I closed some old accounts. I'm reluctant to try the online setup for the remaining accounts until I hear advice on this post.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @jo.4tuna,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you are concerned about accounts getting cross-linked again, first, backup your Quicken file before you reconnect your accounts. Then, go ahead and reconnect your accounts by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts. The critical part to avoid having your accounts get cross-linked or added as new is to pay close attention on the Add/Link screen in Quicken (that's the screen that comes up after you have successfully authorized your USAA accounts through their website). Before you click the Next button, make certain that Quicken is seeing the correct Nickname in Quicken to link each account to and that it is showing Link to existing in the Action column (see sample image below).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @jo.4tuna,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you are concerned about accounts getting cross-linked again, first, backup your Quicken file before you reconnect your accounts. Then, go ahead and reconnect your accounts by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts. The critical part to avoid having your accounts get cross-linked or added as new is to pay close attention on the Add/Link screen in Quicken (that's the screen that comes up after you have successfully authorized your USAA accounts through their website). Before you click the Next button, make certain that Quicken is seeing the correct Nickname in Quicken to link each account to and that it is showing Link to existing in the Action column (see sample image below).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.