.qfx transaction file isn't loading into Quicken, Wells Fargo account

Options

Hi,

I have Quicken for windows version R50.16. I'm manually downloading our .qfx file from Wells Fargo to get the latest transactions. Haven't done it in over 4 months. The file downloads, I click it, it opens up Quicken. Then that's it. There are no new transactions or any indication that a file has been opened in quicken. The register is still showing 3/12/2023 or whatever the last time we downloaded.

I've updated quicken, restarted the app several times, restarted the computer. The downloaded file has a size of 36k so I know it's not an empty file coming from the bank.

Any ideas to help troubleshoot this?

Thank you!

Dan K

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @DanKingsley,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and providing a detailed description of your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you deactivate and reactivate the account(s) in question. To do so, please follow the steps below.

To deactivate the account

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Make sure to Show Hidden Accounts, if that option is available.
    3. Click Edit next to the affected account(s).
    4. Go to the Online Services tab and click Deactivate.

To reactivate the account

1. Download and import the bank (.qfx) file as you normally would
    2. Click Link to an existing account, then choose the account nickname from the drop-down menu.
    3. Click Import

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.