Fidelity Account Disappeared - Mac Version

Options
124»

Answers

• 25_yr_user
    Options

I should add that my Windows PC Quicken software has been updating my NetBenefits correctly. Only my new Mac is having the problem. I'd like to switch to my new Mac but can't until this issue is resolved. Personal finances is one of my chief uses for my computer so Quicken has effectively shut me out of my new computer.

• HillcrestSue
    HillcrestSue Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - No Soliciting] So tired of my Fidelity account being correct then dropping securities again. Now there seems to be a problem with Synchrony Bank, too.

• Gary C
    Gary C Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Let me add my voice to this discussion. I've been a loyal Quicken customer for nearly 30 years. Earlier this year, I decided to make the switch from Quicken for PC to Quicken for Mac since most of what I do now works better on the Mac (e.g., photos and videos and everything now syncs across my iDevices). I took the painful step of converting my data from Quicken PC to Quicken for the Mac. This process took a while, but I was happy that I didn't lose many transactions and I was able to reconstruct what I did lose. I also liked the cleaner look of Quicken for Mac compared to the PC version, and I liked the fact that the Mac version runs so much faster than the PC version, at least for the numerous accounts that I've accumulated over the years. I was reasonably happy until this problem of downloading transactions from NetBenefits appeared. At some point this year, I changed the password on my NetBenefits login and then everything seemed to go south. I tried to delete and re-add the NetBenefit accounts, but now there is no longer an option to use Detailed Tracking from Fidelity NetBenefits, only Simple Tracking. This is a major downgrade. I have also lost all of my NetBenefit transactions that I downloaded historically for over 25 years and all positions in the NetBenefits accounts have disappeared. This is beyond frustrating. If I have lost the ability to track transactions in these accounts, why would I continue to use Quicken? I hope the Quicken Team can resolve this soon or they will lose me as a customer. I have not opened a support ticket as the problems mentioned in this thread are exactly the same as what I'm experiencing [Removed - Rant].

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@GaryC Simple versus detailed tracking depends on whether the financial institution supports Direct Connect as a mean of connectivity. If Fidelity NetBenefits has ended support for Direct Connect, then there's nothing Quicken can do to fix it; if Fidelity NetBenefits does continue to support Direct Connect, then you may need to disconnect and reconnect for downloading, and set your tracking to Detailed rather than Simple on the account downloads screen; then if/when the connection is working between Fidelity NetBenefits, Intuit and Quicken you should be able to resume getting your detailed transactions.

In the meantime, if you disconnect Fidelity NetBenefits from downloading, you should be able to switch back the Detailed tracking — all your former transactions should become visible again.

I don't know how many transactions you have in a typical month, but if it's not a very large number you may find it viable to enter your transactions manually and not have to worry about the ongoing connectivity issues. I know such a suggestion seems outrageous to some Quicken users ("Why would I use Quicken if I ave to enter things manually?!!"), but there are some of us who find it a reasonable way to insure our records are intact and pristine without a thought about connectivity issues. I have most of my investments with Vanguard and Schwab, so I don't have experience with Fidelity NetBenefits; I enter my transactions manually because I have a relatively low volume of transactions — mostly interest, dividends and capital gains paid or reinvested, with little buying and selling activity — so this is a viable solution for me, so I'm just throwing it out there as an option; it may not be viable for you.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ronin
    Ronin Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Just to confirm, I'm currently using Quicken for Windows, using Direct Connect to Fidelity's NetBenefits platform and have selected the Detailed mode in Quicken and all is working fine. So, are there different connectors used for Windows versus Mac versions of Quicken?

Like @GaryC , I too would like to move to Quicken for Mac for various reason, but this issue creates a wrinke in that plan.

• lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

This was resolved for me but has broken again after the most recent update

• HillcrestSue
    HillcrestSue Member ✭✭
    Options

me, too. It has corrected twice and each time after an update loses securities again.

• ATXPete
    ATXPete Member
    Options

My balance has disappeared this week as well, along with my wife's TSP plan balance.

This discussion has been closed.