Fidelity Account Disappeared - Mac Version

Options

Answers

• Sleep_Deprived
    Options

Same issue here - tried the solution of finding the 'Remove Shares' transactions on all my NetBenefits accounts and the totals are still incorrect. Frustrating.

• HillcrestSue
    HillcrestSue Member ✭✭
    Options

STILL ONGOING! One of my Fidelity 401k investments disappeared from the Dashboard a few months ago, though the transactions are still there, then it reappeared, now with today's update (8/5/2023) it's gone again. So frustrating as this makes income and net worth reports useless. Starting to look around for another financial software.

• lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I had the same thing

• TroyMN
    TroyMN Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue - all Fidelity 401k balances dropped to $0 on July 13. Removing the 'Remove Shares' transactions did not correct the issue

• pbo922
    pbo922 Member ✭✭
    Options

does anyone else think its ridiculous that its been a month with them "working on this issue" and it's still not resolved?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If — clearly a big "if" — the problem is at Fidelity's end, then Quicken can't do much but wait for Fidelity to fix the problem. And I've never seen Quicken call out a financial institution and blame them for an ongoing problem.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

All of the funds and shares in my Fidelity 401K showed back up in this mornings update finally. Totals are all correct. Hopefully they got it fixed for good this time.

• jmartese
    jmartese Member
    Options

Time to start looking for alternatives. Having a financial management tool that does not connect to financial institutions correctly does not help manage finances. Any decent Mac alternatives? Should I go back to spreadsheets and manual entry?

• chan2023
    chan2023 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Dennis@1 I have multiple clients - and none of their accounts have fixed. Is yours still showing correct info? Anyone else?

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, my account is still correct this morning.

• chan2023
    chan2023 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Dennis@1 Thanks for response.

• TroyMN
    TroyMN Member ✭✭
    Options

My account was partially correct for a day (balance was 1/2 what Fidelity showed on the site, but no longer $0), then has now gone back to $0. I've deleted and re-added the account and the result is the same - $0.

• pbo922
    pbo922 Member ✭✭
    Options

What I noticed is that after it went back to normal, as soon as a deposit was made into any account, that account data disappeared. For example, I received a dividend deposit for a bond fund and only that data disappeared. Then when my next biweekly deposit from my check went in. the rest of the fund data dissapeard as well. I have sent screenshots to Quicken and explained this hoping that little bit of info will help solve the problem but have not heard back or seen the problem fixed.

• nlmiller
    nlmiller Member ✭✭
    Options

I just added my Fidelity 401K account to a new database after a complete Quicken meltdown in 2022 that left me discouraged about losing years of data. Currently, it does not recognize that I have anything in the account, and I see no way of manually adding the securities to the account, although I've added them to the securities in Quicken.

Given that another tracking site picks up the information accurately, this seems to be a Quicken issue rather than a Fidelity issue.

• Teejay2
    Teejay2 Member
    Options

My Fidelity Net Benefits 401K transaction stopped downloading in about June. Is there a way to open a ticket on this or anything?

• lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

Has anyone had success with deleting and redownloading the account? I know I would lose all the history but I think having an accurate balance seems more important than every transaction

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023
    Options

You don't have to delete the account, you can just create a new one. If that works you can drag all the past transactions from the old account to the new one and not lose anything. But this has been going on for a couple months now so I don't think the fix is going to be this easy.

• Steven95827
    Options

Similar issue, what I have noticed is that it only is the ESPP, HSA, RSU and Stock Option accounts that zero out and always happens in the morning when I check. When I check in the afternoon after the market closes, the balances return. The problem is in the graph the zeros for those accounts remain in history.

• 25_yr_user
    Options

Can Quicken update us on this issue of deleted information in Fidelity Netbenefits? It's been two months now. I've lost 25 years worth of data so I think Quicken can do a better job of updating us. Is there any work going on to fix the issue?

• lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried adding another account and it was even worse. And for the record, I tried deleting it and setting it up again and got the same result.

• Ronin
    Ronin Member ✭✭
    Options

So, this is still an outstanding issue that hasn't been resolved? Doesn't look like there's been any recent comments from Quicken resource on this thread lately.

I have been contemplating giving the Mac a try understanding that Q-Mac has everything I need, except for not being able to pull down Fidelity account positions correctly. This is not an issue with the Windows version.

• neal.fishman
    Options

@Ronin - I use a Mac and the problem exists.

• Ronin
    Ronin Member ✭✭
    Options

@neal.fishman — Thanks for confirming this. That's unfortunate to hear as it might suggest it's a Quicken side issue.

I wonder why Quicken has goen dark on this topic.

• kat.nel
    kat.nel Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja Please give an update. Now all of my retirement account balances are wrong: Fidelity, Schwab and Vanguard. It's been about 3 months since this started!! The only help I got was when I called and that process caused me to lose some of the other data, such as a budget that took hours to create.

• kat.nel
    kat.nel Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja See above comment.

• Jradley
    Jradley Member ✭✭
    Options

Come on Quicken - we've all been having this problem for months - my Fidelity Netbenefits toggles between my actual value to only having a couple of funds show up. At least tell us that you're actually working on it and give us regular updates. I would expect that a financial tracking software should be able to connect to an institution like Fidelity. I've been using Quicken since 1988, wondering if it's time to look for something new that supports and resolves loyal customer problems.

• pbo922
    pbo922 Member ✭✭
    Options

So I received an email today from Anja stating the issue had been resolved. So I closed Quicken, restarted and still not updating. Then I disconnected and reconnected but still not updating. If there is something to be done by the enduser to fix this please share Anja.

• Jradley
    Jradley Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. I was prompted to update to 7.2.3 - didn't help. I closed Quicken and restarted, still not updating correctly.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, I am very sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. If you are still experiencing an issue after the alert has been resolved, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday. Thank you.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• 25_yr_user
    Options

This issue has not been resolved. I tried to update my accounts and my NetBenefits account through Fidelity went to $0 with no positions shown. The drop happened some time in 2013 when no such event took place in my account.

Quicken says this issue has been resolved. See this thread RESOLVED 9/20/23 Fidelity (Fidelity NetBenefits) - Holdings Disappearing From Accounts (QMAC).

Quicken needs to resolve this so I don't lose my account history.

This discussion has been closed.