OSU does nothing

Options

I have a new installation for Windows. I used QFX format to get older data from my accounts and that worked fine a week ago. Now I want to update. I setup One Step Update with my passwords and clicked Tools, One Step Update, Update All, Update Now. Nothing happens, the status window closes, my account comes back with no new transactions.
What should I do?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @SteveM1949,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did this issue first begin to occur? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when attempting to run a One Step Update?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SteveM1949
    SteveM1949 Member
    Options

I installed Quicken and set up updates. When I looked at the data it had there were only transactions from the last month or so.
    After some research I found that if I opened a QFX file for each of my checking and savings accounts they would have older data transferred to Quicken. I believe I deleted my Quicken data files and started from scratch. I don't recall having Quicken ask for new permission to access the files.
    Perhaps I should again start from scratch, but with more care this time.
    Please advise.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @SteveM1949,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• SteveM1949
    SteveM1949 Member
    Options

I followed the above instructions. Then performed a one step update. This time it looks like it is doing things. but the transactions in my checking account have the last date 6/30/23. My account actually has dated transactions through yesterday 7/12/23.

Steve Maguire

• SteveM1949
    SteveM1949 Member
    Options

I think I should start fresh. Where are the files associated with my account and can I just delete them?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @SteveM1949,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

You are more than welcome to start fresh with a new file, however, I do have a few more troubleshooting steps that we could try.

Next, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• SteveM1949
    SteveM1949 Member
    Options

That did not help.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @SteveM1949,

Thank you for attempting those steps.

Due to the previous troubleshooting steps having failed, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.