Problems with Canadian equities updating with US code equivalents

Options
Paul Skayman
Paul Skayman Member ✭✭

Hi,

Is anybody having similar problems with Canadian equity values reporting their US counterparts? For instance, I have shares in ELD (Eldorado Gold listed in Toronto). ELD in the US is WisdomTree Emerging Markets Local Deby Fund. When I update equity prices I am now getting the ELD (US) price listed for my Canadian equity.

It's fine if there is only 1 or 2 but with a lot of equities you have no idea whether any of the balances are correct.

This has only happened recently (last update or one before). Im running R48.15 Canada edition.

I asked Quicken Support but have not heard anything at all back from them.

Thanks,

Paul.

Comments

• dumguy65
    dumguy65 Unconfirmed
    Options

Go into Tools / Security List (or <Ctrl><Y>) to edit the interlisted securities you have. I have explicitly named some of them with a $US name so I don't get confused. While the currency is set by the account you have the security in, if you have the wrong exchange listed it will pull from Canada when you are looking at the US stock and vice versa.

I just wish there was an easy way in Quicken to move interlisted securities between currencies without generating a fake transaction (can do it at the broker level to save their currency exchange costs and just pay the buy/sell commission on the stock).

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Paul Skayman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you have Real-time quotes turned on (you can check by going to Edit>Preferences>Investments)? When you update your equities, do you do so from the portfolio view, from One Step Update, or a different way? Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when you first noticed the issue?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina This issue has been verified by several users, including me, and has been discussed ad naseum in other threads. It started a number of months ago, possibly with R50.9. I have verified this issue in a new test file using One Step Update. Let me know if you need any additional information to get attention paid to this issue.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note that this is an issue with stocks traded on the Canadian exchange where the downloaded price is the USD equivalent of the current trading price. It is not an exchange mixup. Quicken is getting the wrong price - it is not a user setup error with the security.

• Paul Skayman
    Paul Skayman Member ✭✭
    Options

All,

Thanks for the feedback and confirmation that the issue appears to be with Quicken. All was working prior to an update that was relatively recent for me. I'm using Quicken Home and am on Version 48.15 and Build 27.1.48.15, Canada Edition.

I update with the Update button on the Investing tab in Quicken. Just as an extra data point, Quicken is downloading ELD.US instead of ELD.CA. ELD's US listing is EGO so it is grabbing exactly the right code (ELD) from the wrong exchange (US). When a stock is listed with the same code Quicken is grabbing the US price and showing it as Canadian.

I'll build a sample and report it as a problem to Quicken and won't comment here again as there is another thread with a similar complaint.

Thanks,

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.    

(CTP-7244)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.