Fidelity Account Disappeared - Mac Version

Options
dshan20
dshan20 Member ✭✭

Anyone else using Mac version have a Fidelity account disappear overnight? My 401K FGTKX (Fidelity Freedom® 2030 Fund Class K6) disappeared.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• mattmills07
    mattmills07 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, also had my 401k accounts disappear overnight.

• rjb102
    rjb102 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes. Balances went to zero on all Fidelity retirement accounts.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

My Fidelity IRA accounts and non-retirement accounts are just fine, so maybe this is just affecting NetBenefits accounts?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Are you able to restore the missing account/data by restoring a backup? And is the entire account gone completely, or does the account appear to be hidden when navigating to Accounts > Hide and Show Accounts?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• lockstone
    lockstone Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja I'm also seeing this issue. The problem is not that the account itself disappears. The account is not hidden. The account is there but the securities in the account are gone. For example, I have a single security in my Fidelity account, FXAIX (S&P 500 Index). When I run the update process, that security disappears from my Fidelity account bringing the balance to zero. This started today.

Also, yes, I was able to restore from one of the automatic backups. But if I run the update process, my Fidelity account balance goes to zero.

• rjb102
    rjb102 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same experience as @lockstone. It seemed to wipe out all the holdings. Incidentally, when I clicked on the positions tab, the graph of the historical account value seemed to show a negative balance in the past, ultimately trending up to a zero balance.

I restored from a backup and disconnected syncing to Fidelity. That works fine, except of course the Fidelity accounts will no longer update.

• lockstone
    lockstone Member ✭✭
    Options

Same as @rjb102. The historical graph displayed all the history, but it was all negative with an ending balance of zero today. Very strange.

• aeflynn
    aeflynn Member ✭✭
    Options

To be clear, every Fidelity Net Benefits asset disappeared with the overnight update. See screenshot. Once again, the connection for Fidelity is down. It appears all data from mid-2022 is gone. Doing a restore and connecting to Fidelity again give the same behavior.

• BrianG
    BrianG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I have same issue but it appears all of the missing investments have "Remove Shares" dynamic entires dated way back when I opened the Fidelity account in Quicken which where all modified after I updated today. I did restore from last back-up and when updated, same issue. I deleted the "Remove Shares" entires which then shows correct shares and balances but when updated, new entries were created.

7/12/2023 Update - today when I deleted the "Remove Shares" entries, they did not come back and issue seems to be resolved.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Thank you all for following up with additional details.

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• drt_sc
    drt_sc Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm using Quicken/Mac Version 7.1.1 (Build 701.49349.100) on macOS 13.4.1

My Fidelity 401k account stopped updating the merged securities today. It shows no holdings with a zero balance.

I was advised back in April to merge the old and new securities to resolve a related issue. Now, Quicken can't find either security.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem.

I contacted Quicken support and have an open ticket.

• lpboyd
    lpboyd Member
    Options

Same event has happened to me.
    Hundred of transactions disappeared from the register

• dshan20
    dshan20 Member ✭✭
    Options

My transactions for the missing account are still there, and the other funds in New Benefits are unaffected.

• The Other Bill
    The Other Bill Member ✭✭
    Options

8 of my 10 fidelity positions disappeared between 7:00 AM today and 7:00 PM. At the bottom of my register, I have remove shares entries for all that disappeared with a date of November 16, 2019, when I first started tracking in Quicken.

• Dean109
    Dean109 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Similar issue with my accounts. I have three different 401Ks under my fidelity netbenefits account. Two of them are fine but one account has lost the portfolio positions / stock holdings. The portfolio positions for all three 401Ks are represented fine on the Fidelity web site but one of the 401Ks is no longer showing it’s portfolio positions in Quicken.

Strange that the issue is impacting 1 out of 3 and the other 2 are fine.

• DolphMason
    DolphMason Member ✭✭
    Options

I didn't have any issues until this morning (7/11/23) and 1/3 of my Fidelity NetBenefit 401k investments have now been wiped from my account.

• Esskae
    Esskae Member ✭✭
    Options

Using Quicken for mac, I updated my Fidelity Net Benefits 401k yesterday and afterwards the balances on my 2 accounts were reduced by approximately 80-90% of their actual value. It seems some of my funds have just disappeared entirely from the portfolio but are still present when confirming on Fidelity website. I deactivated downloads, closed quicken, restarted it, and added back the accounts and the funds are still missing in Quicken. Any ideas?

• Esskae
    Esskae Member ✭✭
    Options

@DolphMason Same thing here on the mac version.

• Jon
    Options

A bunch of people have reported issues with their NetBenefits accounts similar to what you're seeing. No word on a fix yet.

• The Other Bill
    The Other Bill Member ✭✭
    Options

Just an update… After restoring from backup, I see the shares that were removed are actually the shares that were added when I created the account in 2019. Not sure if this is a quicken issue or Fidelity, but hope someone addresses quickly.

• neal.fishman
    neal.fishman Member ✭✭
    Options

One of my accounts was zeroed out. The other decreased by about 20%.

• A W
    A W Member
    Options

Once I deleted these 4 transactions, which were added to the register of my Fidelity NetBenefits account, everything matched the actual account balance again. This was added automatically yesterday when I did a sync of all account. So this must be a Fidelity NetBenefits issue.

This only happened to a single Fidelity NetBenefits account, I have 3 total, the other 2 accounts were accurate without manual modifications.

• Dean109
    Dean109 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to A W for the Remove Shares transaction observation. I found Remove Shares transactions applied to my errored account as well and removing these brought the assets back into view.

This a good work around for my issue for now until Quicken / Fidelity sorts through the root cause.

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

Looks like the Fidelity synch nightmare from a few months ago has returned. I lost one of the securities in my Fidelity Net Benefits Account starting on July 3. This is exactly what happened a few months ago when it took several weeks to be fixed (part of the problem was getting customer support folks to understand that restoring from backups was NOT a solution). I was hoping it would be restored in a day or two but that does not appear to be happening.

For what it is worth, the Fidelity iPhone app and my Fidelity customer account website are working fine with nothing being dropped, so it looks like it is a Quicken issue again. The Quicken "Dashboard" which I access with Safari also dropped the same security.

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

Additional data in hope it will help: I'm using quicken for Mac and the appearance of this latest issue appears to be correspond with a couple of security sales my account by Fidelity (although only one of the two securities disappeared and it appears the other actually updated).

• dshan20
    dshan20 Member ✭✭
    Options

I also found the remove shares transaction - dated 12/30/91. Deleted this transaction and account reappeared in the dashboard. Thanks AW!

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• aeflynn
    aeflynn Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you A W - those rogue "Remove Shares" were, indeed, the issue with my three Net Benefits 401K accounts. Once removed, the balances are again accurate. It's weird that they appear as "manual" adjustments and not a downloaded transaction. I have such a long history on my accounts that I had to sort by "Type" to find "Remove Shares".

Either way, I am VERY grateful for your observations and suggested fix.

• Jon
    edited July 2023
    Options

@aeflynn "It's weird that they appear as "manual" adjustments and not a downloaded transaction."

I believe that's what Quicken does when it needs to resolve a discrepancy between what it thinks you have in your account and what the brokerage is saying you have. If Quicken is suddenly being told that you have nothing in your account then there's no "sale" for it to record. It isn't being told what happened to those shares, just that they're not there anymore, so all it can do is remove the shares.

I don't know why it dates the transactions all the way back to the beginning of the account. It seems like it should be able to date those transactions sometime after the last sync (when the securities were still there).

• jmartese
    jmartese Member
    Options

Tried the A W remove shares, but only had three transactions and balance was incorrect. Last time deleted account and created new with as much history I could download, but much history was lost. Hopefully Quicken/Fidelity will fix.

This discussion has been closed.