Why do the dates on Bill and Income Reminders keep changing? [Edited]

Options
John Patriarca
John Patriarca Member ✭✭✭

Q keeps changing the date (forward) on Bill and Income Reminders and Deposits and Other Scheduled transaction. Ongoing for at least 6 months.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @John Patriarca,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Could you please provide more detail on what is happening? Are the dates on all of your reminders changing, or just some? Are they changing to random dates, or are they skipping the current due date and showing a future date? Is there any action that triggers this behavior, or does it seem random? Do you recall if there was anything that happened just before this issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• John Patriarca
    Options

I used "report a problem" from inside Q w/a screenshot and explanation within the last week. Can you find it?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When I look at the report you sent on the 8th of July, you mentioned the dates changed after you ran One Step Update. Is it happening only after you run one step update? Is there anything else that triggers the dates to change? Do you Sync to Quicken Cloud when you run One Step Update?

If so, have you tried unchecking that box to see if the issue still happens after running One Step Update?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• John Patriarca
    Options

I leave Q open most of the time, corrected a scheduled deposit last night, closed Q, reopened this morning, scheduled deposit date ok. Ran OSU, Q changed date.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As part of OSU, does Quicken also Sync to the cloud, for use with the Q Mobile app on your smartphone or Quicken on the Web?

• John Patriarca
    Options

I am syncing to iCloud when running OSU. Just tried running OSU w/out sync (after changing back to correct dates for 1 bill and 1 deposit), Q still changed the dates.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you for your response,

To clarify, do you have your main Quicken file synced to iCloud? Since Quicken files are not designed to be accessed from multiple sources at the same time, we recommend that you keep your main file on your hard drive and not synced to any cloud service. This article provides more information.

To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest that you start by validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• John Patriarca
    Options

Clarify? I'm more confused…I have a computer, iPhone and iPad. I want to be able to access Q data remotely using my i devices…I should think syncing my "main" Q file would allow me to see up to date date.

You're recommending I don't do that?

• John Patriarca
    Options

up to date data.

• John Patriarca
    Options

Ran Super Validate, no major issues, closed log, closed Q, waited a minute, re-opened, ran OSU (sync was on), Q changed date again on scheduled deposit.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

You mentioned iCloud, which is Apple's cloud service (for being able to store and share files between devices). Syncing your main file to services like iCloud is not recommended. If you are using the Quicken Cloud to sync with your other devices (which is the cloud sync that happens when you run One Step Update), that is fine.

Since Validate and Super Validate did not correct the issue you are encountering, the next step would be restoring a backup from before the issue started, if possible, and seeing if the issue persists in that newly restored backup.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• John Patriarca
    Options

I never mentioned iCloud. I was referring to the Q app on my phone and iPad.

The issue has been ongoing for months. I'm supposed to open a 3-month-old backup? I don't think so.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

When I saw this post from the 16th, it looked like you were talking about iCloud. If that's not what you meant, then I apologize for the misunderstanding.

If restoring a backup isn't a viable option, the next step is creating a copy of your data file, which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file, and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• John Patriarca
    Options

Sorry, I did mention iCloud…I meant Q Cloud.

May try your option, it's a lot of work.

What about deleting the affected transactions and re-establishing them?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

It depends on what is causing the issue. If its just the transactions themselves that are causing the problem, then deleting and re-creating them may work. If you choose to do that, please make sure you backup your file first.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.