etrade transactions

Options
GTmem
GTmem Member ✭✭

Looks like there may be an issue with etrade brokerage buy/sell transactions. I had a Buy transaction on 7/6 and a Sell transaction on 7/10. Both are available on the website. I was able to download a DIV transaction on 7/6. Tried resetting account and refreshing the profiles, but it did not solve the problem. A Reconcile Share request does reflect the difference so there is some communication happening with etrade. Just no transactions to accept to balance the books. Yes, I can do this manually, but would rather its addressed to do automatically.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @GTmem,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with E-Trade? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Do you receive any error codes or messages? When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? If so, which one?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• GTmem
    GTmem Member ✭✭
    Options

Express Web Connect. No errors. Just no transactions get downloaded.

The last successful download of a Buy transaction was 6/12. Did not make any Buy's until 7/6 so I cannot be more precise when it seemed to stop working.

R50.16. Build: 27.1.50.16

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @GTmem,

Thank you for providing more information.

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the E-Trade account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with missing transactions. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 
      Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile.
    7. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• GTmem
    GTmem Member ✭✭
    Options

This problem has now been resolved….

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @GTmem,

Thank you for reaching back out to let us know.

We are happy to here that the issue has been resolved! Would you mind sharing the troubleshooting steps that were taken?

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.