Bank of America EWC+ issue

Options
fmotycka
fmotycka Unconfirmed ✭✭

Starting about 2 weeks ago I have been unable to download transactions from my Bank of America accounts (Checking, savings, credit cards). Prior to this problem I had no issues downloading the transactions via the Express Web Connect +. I have followed the procedure to deactivate/activate these accounts multiple times. Once authorized by BOA the accounts show to be linked but no transactions are downloaded. I spoke with Quicken Support on the phone and we just repeated the same steps I had previously done with similar lack of results. I attempted to contact BOA support and spoke with an individual who transferred me to another department that just lead to the black hole of holding.

I think my problem started after my recent update of Quicken (R50.16). Our others reporting this problem and any possible solutions?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step is to log out of Quicken. To do this, first, backup your Quicken file, then go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Click the Sign in as a different user link.

When the confirmation windows comes up, type Yes, then click the Sign Out button. Quicken will log you out.

Close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 10 seconds. Re-open Quicken, and when it finishes loading, it will bring you to a login page. Log back into your Quicken.

Run One Step Update (OSU). The OSU will likely take longer than usual, since the process you just went though clears Quicken's cache. Once the OSU completes, check to see if the missing transactions downloaded.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @fmotycka,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you have just one User ID with Bank of America, or do you use multiple? If you use multiple, is this affecting just one User ID, or all? Do you update your accounts all at once through One Step Update, or do you update each account individually?

Please try going to the Action gear at the upper right of the register for one of the affected accounts, select Update Now, and follow the prompts.

If it is still not able to download new transactions, the next step would be to backup your file and try resetting your accounts. Resetting is different from deactivating and reconnecting, even though the steps are similar. Go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account, select the Online Services tab, and click the Reset Account button, then follow the prompts.

If the issue still persists, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• fmotycka
    fmotycka Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

I have one BOA User ID for multiple BOA accounts . I use one-step update to download all transactions. I have used this method for years both before and after the EWC+ implementation. I tried multiple times both the deactivation and the reset methods. As I mentioned above the deactivation or reset methods appear to link the accounts but no transactions are downloaded.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step is to log out of Quicken. To do this, first, backup your Quicken file, then go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Click the Sign in as a different user link.

When the confirmation windows comes up, type Yes, then click the Sign Out button. Quicken will log you out.

Close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 10 seconds. Re-open Quicken, and when it finishes loading, it will bring you to a login page. Log back into your Quicken.

Run One Step Update (OSU). The OSU will likely take longer than usual, since the process you just went though clears Quicken's cache. Once the OSU completes, check to see if the missing transactions downloaded.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• fmotycka
    fmotycka Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

That seemed to fix the problem! I'll see if it is permanently fixed when I update later in the week.

Thanks again for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear it seems to be fixed. Please reach back out if the issue returns.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• axman53
    axman53 Member ✭✭
    Options

For the records, I started experiencing the same issue with my BoA downloads today. The log out/log in procedure fixed it.

This discussion has been closed.