Tangerine Bank Issue - Not able to import historical data: Is there any workaround?

Options
JDAnalytics
JDAnalytics Member

The connection I have with tangerine only loads the past 90 days of data

Then when I tried to import a QFX file I got from Tangerine Bank, it tells me "Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]."

But I still need to import all the historic transactions, and I don't want to do that one by one...!

Is there I can do as a workaround? Can I download the data in CSV format and then format it to Quicken specifications and do a bulk upload? Any help would be really appreciated!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seems weird that the bank allows you to download historical transactions in QFX format if they don't support it from within Quicken any longer.

Please try this:

Use Notepad (Mac: TextEdit) or any other available ASCII text editor (not Word!) to edit your QFX file. Replace the bank ID number in two of the header records of the file with the number shown here:
    <FI>
    <ORG>B1
    <FID>10898
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>10898
    Don't change anything else. Just those two numbers.
    Save the file to a different file name and import it into Quicken into a new, temporary account register.
    Once imported, select all transactions in the new register except the Opening Balance transaction.
    Windows: Right-click a selected transaction. Select "Move transactions" from the popup and select the destination register.
    Mac: Drag the entire block of transactions into your real account register in the Account sidebar.
    In the real register edit the existing Opening Balance transaction to the desired (oldest) date, e.g. 12/31/2021, and set the amount to the same day's paper statement Ending Balance.
    Now you're ready to compare your register to the bank statements and fix any discrepancies.
    You can delete the temporary account register now.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @JDAnalytics,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What steps are you taking when attempting to import the QFX into your Quicken application? When did you first notice this issue?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• yScrappy
    yScrappy Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine,

I'm getting the same thing … I added my accounts via 'Add Account', but the import seems to only go back sporatically for each account, and a max of 50 records ( not date limited as I'd expect ) for each one.

I have 6 accounts, one imported 50 records, back to Feb 21st … the other imported 50 records, back to May 24th, etc … so that in itself is weird. I would have expected it to do at least "last 90 days".

I figured, like the original poster, that I'd just go into Tangerine and download the missing records in QFX format, but I get the same error that he gets above about Web Connect.

I've also gone into Account Settings ( for one of the accounts ), and 'download all transactions' is checked, vs from a certain date, but not sure how useful that is after the initial import … all I want is to get all transactions since Jan 1st of this year, just to have a complete year … I don't need to go back until the account was opened. Even getting a consistent 'starting date' for all accounts would be cool.

The big question is why is it limited to 50 items per account? That in itself seems odd … but secondary to that, how do we go about filling in the blanks in an efficient way when there is a lot more data to be imported? I haven't tried the other suggestion about editing QFX file yet …

• yScrappy
    yScrappy Member ✭✭
    Options

Just an appendum to this … I took a quick look at QB, since someone in a thread commented that the direct connect is via Intuit … the import issue appears to be either @ intuit or tangerine itself.

When I linked and imported transaction via QB, it asked me to what date I wanted to import, and I choose Jan 1st, 2023 … and it sitll only did the last 50 transactions, so the 'brokeness' isn't Quicken related …. the lack of ability to pull in historical data via QFX file(s) though, that is. still quicken related … be nice if I we could link for download, but still bring in historical data …

This discussion has been closed.