CC-506 error with Penfed

Options
T369
T369 Member ✭✭

Quicken shows last updated was on 7/14, but this week I'm getting a CC-506 error. Clicking the "fix it" button and "update now" button show that it was successful, but still cannot download any transactions. Running update again goes back to the same error.

Comments

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

This problem started for me over the weekend. One of the recommended fixes was to deactivate and reactive the account which I reluctantly did. Don't do this.

When reactivating the account(s) quicken canot contact the server. I tried both Pentagon FCU (which worked up until this weekend) and Pentagon Federal Credit union as the institution.

• Corsair23
    Corsair23 Member ✭✭
    Options

Started for me last night. Last time I tried (and was successful) was 7/12/23.

• jasonbrla
    jasonbrla Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is happening for me too, last successful download was 7/13/23.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ditto for me with cc-506 error. Last connection was 7/14. I tried connecting using Pentagon Federal Credit Union and the Pentagon FCU to add accounts - no connection errors out. Here we go again with Quicken and PenFed!

• Corsair23
    Corsair23 Member ✭✭
    Options

Echoing the inability to reconnect the account from scratch (for the record, the Pentagon FCU is the entity that I was successful connecting to after the last several month outage). Also echoing the "Here we go again…" 😒

• hansenb40
    Options

I reported it and sent in some logs. We'll see if that helps….

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you.

(Ticket #: 9668156/CTP-4675, CTP-4805, CTP-7253, & CTP-7254)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rafael Ocasio
    Rafael Ocasio Member ✭✭
    Options

Also echoing the "Here we go again…

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My update this morning downloaded transactions from PenFed. No errors.

• T369
    T369 Member ✭✭
    Options

It's still giving me the error, but it downloaded some transactions.

• hansenb40
    Options

I have been able to activate my accounts and use one step update to download a transaction to one of them.

• SpartyRB
    SpartyRB Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to resolve the issue this morning by completely deactivating all of my PenFed accounts and then reactivating them en masse. Not sure if the added days between my attempt and hansenb40's made the difference or if I was just lucky. Very frustrated though that the Quicken didn't provide an update that this is a solution. Last time this happened they gave the same direction to bookmark the discussion for an update but they never updated that the problem was resolved! What's the point of bookmarking?

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I had no problems yesterday updating. Did nothing with the data file and this morning I received CC-800 error. I didn’t restore a backup nor did I even close the file from yesterday. So I had to deactivate each account and reactivated them - fixed. On my spouse computer no issues with CC-800 error and I didn’t have to deactivate or reactivate. Hopefully things are fixed for awhile.

• Corsair23
    Corsair23 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you to the community for updating status here. Probably too much to ask for the "official thread" that we were told to watch to get updated.

I took a Quicken update this morning (R51.10 build 27.1.51.10) and then readded all of my penfed accounts without an error. Only one had new transactions that did download, so time will confirm that the others are actually downloading.

This discussion has been closed.