Why do most of my renaming rules disappear?

Options
larrybox
larrybox Member

I'm using Quicken windows subscription on a laptop. My release is R50.16.

For that past year, I've noticed that I have to rebuild renaming rules and memorized payees when I know I've created them earlier. I spend a pretty good deal of time so they will be named and categorized correctly without me having to do it each time.

Sometimes, even after I've created them, when the transaction is downloaded from my bank, the rule matches the transaction exactly, but Quicken will not rename the transaction.

This is across all my financial institutions (Chase, Capital One, Ameriprise, etc) so it appears to be a Quicken glitch. There was a post in 2020 that discussed this and there was not answer at that time.

I would provide screen shots but it would work since this is something disappearing from the file.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @larrybox,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue begin to occur? Was it after a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.