Lost 2022 files

Options
jcm48
jcm48 Member ✭✭

In March of this year (2023) I entered 98% of my income and expenses for 2022 into Quicken, figuring I'd finish and then file my 2022 income taxes. California was granted an extension 'til this Oct to file, and I just went back to finish up…and there are NO 2022 data files. Not .qdf files, nothing. I looked in Backup, in OneDrive, in iDrive, did a global search for .qdf, but no luck. I absolutely DID save the file, but now it's gone, and I'm facing an entire day re-entering everything…which obviously ticks me off. Any ideas of what could have happened??

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jcm48,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Where do you normally save backups to? Is there any removable drive or CD/DVD it may have been saved on? Was there anything that happened with the computer between March and now, or anyone else who had access that may have moved the files?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One Quicken data file may contain transactions spanning many years.
    Did you enter your 2022 transactions into the same data file that contains your 2023 transactions? Or did you create a separate Quicken data file, named differently than your current (2023) data file?

If everything is together in one data file, check your account register filter's Date Range setting. It should be set to "All Dates" so that you can see both 2023 and older transactions. Other Date Range settings are "This year" and "Last year", among others
    The register should be sorted by Date, in ascending order.

This discussion has been closed.