Webview2 Runtime is not installed. - 32-bit Windows & R50.xx US (edit)

Options
Somsak K.
Somsak K. Member ✭✭

On one of my PCs, which is running the 32bit Windows 10 instead of 64bit, when I start Quicken I get an error message saying that Webview2 Runtime is not installed and asks if I want to download it? When I download and reinstalled Webview2 and try again, the same thing happens again. Anyone else seeing this? I’m using rev R50.16 of the US version of Quicken.

I’ve seen this problem reported in the Canadian Quicken forum and Quicken’s response seemed to be to say that it’s a “Microsoft Problem”. Since they are selling software to run on Windows I would have thought that a Microsoft problem was their problem, but maybe that’s a naive view.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Somsak K.,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Somsak K.
    Somsak K. Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

It might be an incompatibility with one of the Windows updates that was pushed out in July. I reverted my system to a Restore Point from the end of June and the problem went away.

• seattlechuck
    seattlechuck Member
    Options

Same issue. 32-bit Windows 10 - get error at startup of Quicken "Webview2 Runtime is not installed". However, Windows shows Webview2 Runtime IS INSTALLED. I have actually never experienced a paid product that does not function for over 3 weeks - what is going on at Quicken? Interestingly, Quicken was launching just fine until I completed an automatic Quicken program update - then this error.

• saucemaster
    saucemaster Member
    Options

Will there be a subscription adjustment for the period that Quicken has been unusable because of this? Coming up on 4 weeks not being able to see my finances.

• Rogulaw4635
    Rogulaw4635 Member
    Options

Ridiculous. The frontline people on the phone at Support say they're instructed to say that there's no information available and no ETA for it to be fixed and they will not be giving subscribers updates. I ask whether we should check back at some time for status and the answer is no.

• Somsak K.
    Somsak K. Member ✭✭
    Options

It's hard to know what Quicken's thought process is but they might be hoping that the problem will go away the next time that Microsoft pushed out an update. When I rolled back my PC to a Restore Point before the July Windows update was applied the problem went away, so I'm thinking that the problem is an incompatibility with something in that update.

• stan05482
    stan05482 Member ✭✭
    Options

Affecting my Quicken install as of 8/1. Reported it to Quicken and they acknowledge the issue but no indication of timeframe for a fix.

• DevNull
    DevNull Member ✭✭
    Options

I think perhaps we are missing the bigger picture here, to whit: Why is Quicken installing Microsofty Edge components on my system. I asked 2 different tech support people: Does Quicken install Webview2 runtime and does it depend on Edge as the browser? They both said No to both.

I do not use edge and have it largely disabled (hard to eradicate on Win 10 completely). I have a different chromium based browser instead and it is set to my default browser. I did see webview2 runtime installed in my applications and uninstalled it, originally thinking it came in a Microsofty update. Regardless, the problem remained. Actually, it kind of compounded it.

Net-net, I cannot use the Quicken subscription that I had paid for and the merry-go-round of signing out and back in only made the problem worse. However, it did expose that Quicken was trying to install the webview2 runtime. Clicking Cancel or X closes Quicken completely.

L-o-o-o-ng time Quicken user

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken must use it for various text displays -

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• KL101
    KL101 Member
    Options

Downloading and installing the latest manual update patch, R51.12 (US), seems to have fixed the "WebView2 runtime not installed" for me.

• Somsak K.
    Somsak K. Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, it seems as though the problem is fixed as of rev R51.12.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Well,

American users are best served than Canadian users. On the Canadian side, the problem is not solved on September 4 and seems to be worst than ever. I also found that downloading bank transactions was kind of triggering the problem. I tried downloading via Online Centre in Q, Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Same answer. And no tech update has been given to Canadian users. The problem dates to sometime in June 2023…

Danielle

This discussion has been closed.