Security Code AutoFill from iMessage still not working on Quicken for Mac

Options
TurboYuppie
TurboYuppie Member

I'm re-opening this discussion because it was closed, but the problem still exists. Every other app that I have that requires 2FA can autofill the code received in Messages. This used to work in Quicken for Mac as well, but no longer. Any hints on how to make this work again? Why was the previous discussion closed with no resolution?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @TurboYuppie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Due to the nature of this issue, we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @TurboYuppie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Due to the nature of this issue, we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It stopped working for me once I upgraded to macOS Ventura, so something with Quicken doesn't play nice with the current version of macOS. I have tried and tried to bring this issue up with support but have not had any luck getting them to acknowledge that it's a problem. It's pretty frustrating, to be honest, especially since there have been numerous posts about this issue. At one point there was an alert from the moderators that randomly got marked as resolved despite outcry from lots of community users saying the problem was not resolved.

• paule3116
    paule3116 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. I've contacted support and they claim that it's an issue with my Mac - not with Quicken. It's frustrating that support will not push back on the development team to alert them to the number of users with similar complaints.

To be clear, I'm NOT saying that it's not my system, however, when I see multiple users with the same issue, I become suspicious - particularly when there's no guidance or advice from Quicken on where to begin looking to diagnose / resolve the issue

• Paul3
    Paul3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'll add another voice — once I upgraded to macOS Ventura the auto-fill from iMessage functionality stopped working. It's definitely an interaction between Quick and OS 13.4. Apparently no one at Quicken can recognize it's an issue and chase it down.

• okcyberpilot
    Options

Same here. It's definitely an issue with Quicken when upgraded to Ventura. I talked to Quicken support and of course was directed to Apple. They said it was a Quicken problem since all other web pages and apps work, but not Quicken anymore I placed a trouble ticket (10329643) on 6/29/23.

• oc_steven
    oc_steven Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here!

• Scott Saylor
    Scott Saylor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just opened a similar post and will add my +1 here. If it worked prior to Ventura, it’s clearly a defect that should be corrected in the current release.

This discussion has been closed.