How to Register and Update Quicken 2010 (edit)

Options
Greg Gray
Greg Gray Member ✭✭

the links to register and update quicken 2010 after installing don't work. any suggestions?

Best Answers

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken 2010 is a legacy Intuit product which is no longer supported. Intuit sold Quicken in 2016. Those registration links for Intuit are obsolete, so registration and updates are a moot point.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can get the latest update for QW2010 at http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html .

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Greg Gray OR You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013. Then it should be more stable and run on newer computer systems.

You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article. It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009. Click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Greg Gray - That said if Quicken is no longer a supported product what do ya'll recommend for personal finance.

A little clarification….
    Quicken is a totally current and supported product -
    at least the current subscription version… that is the whole point of "software subscribing".

Quicken was owned by Intuit (Turbotax folks) several years ago - but they sold the company.
    At that point - any attempts to contact the "Intuit/Quicken" servers was moot -as they no longer existed.

Q2010 is from those old days …. but - as mentioned above - you can try and upgrade to the last workable version of Quicken like Quicken 2013 -
    so with - Q2013 - they all still use the same basic QDF file structures, so your data file is migratable…

Lastly - the Quicken product called - Simplifi - is a web only based product -
    but can't import a Quicken file - so you lose all your history, and it is simple vs the full blown desktop Quicken.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken 2010 is a legacy Intuit product which is no longer supported. Intuit sold Quicken in 2016. Those registration links for Intuit are obsolete, so registration and updates are a moot point.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can get the latest update for QW2010 at http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html .

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@splasher -

Just a question for my benefit - is that a "Quicken sanctioned" website? It seemed like a personal website when I clicked into it.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@QWinUser - It is not a Quicken sanctioned website. It was setup and is being maintained by a longtime Quicken user and active participant in Community. It has a lot of good information and tools (including a very useful converter freeware program) for Quicken users on it. We SUs refer to it frequently.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac thank you for the confirmation.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Greg Gray OR You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013. Then it should be more stable and run on newer computer systems.

You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article. It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009. Click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and what changed that you are attempting to use Quicken 2010 -

Are you trying to re-install your old Q2010 disk onto a new computer ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Greg Gray
    Greg Gray Member ✭✭
    Options

@Ps56k2 my hard disk crashed and I had to replace the disk and re-install all the SW. In the meantime of this thread I found another thread for loading some patches/updates and the functionality I used to have seemed to be restored. At least it appears to be.

• Greg Gray
    Greg Gray Member ✭✭
    Options

Ya'll have been great and have given me lots of help and even more than I asked for. I'll look into upgrading to 2013.

That said if Quicken is no longer a supported product what do ya'll recommend for personal finance. All I'm really looking for is managing personal checking, savings and investment accounts, classifying spending for budgeting, and pulling reports such as charitible contributions etc. for taxes. Can the existing account data from Quicken be ported into your recommended products or do you pretty much need to start fresh? . . .. and Go!

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Greg Gray - Quicken (Subscription) is a fully supported Quicken product. It is "Quicken 2010" that was an Intuit product and is no longer supported. Go to Quicken.com to see all the options available to you and which version fits your situtation the best. "Simplifi" is another Quicken product that might fit your needs. Information on that product is also available at Quicken.com.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Greg Gray - That said if Quicken is no longer a supported product what do ya'll recommend for personal finance.

A little clarification….
    Quicken is a totally current and supported product -
    at least the current subscription version… that is the whole point of "software subscribing".

Quicken was owned by Intuit (Turbotax folks) several years ago - but they sold the company.
    At that point - any attempts to contact the "Intuit/Quicken" servers was moot -as they no longer existed.

Q2010 is from those old days …. but - as mentioned above - you can try and upgrade to the last workable version of Quicken like Quicken 2013 -
    so with - Q2013 - they all still use the same basic QDF file structures, so your data file is migratable…

Lastly - the Quicken product called - Simplifi - is a web only based product -
    but can't import a Quicken file - so you lose all your history, and it is simple vs the full blown desktop Quicken.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.