What is "Updating your data" when doing One Step Update?

Options
Bertilak
Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭

This recently started showing up. I'm pretty sure I turned something on but don't know what it was.

Thanks

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Bertilak,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

It simply means that new transaction data and information is being downloaded and "updated" to have payee names, categories, etc appropriately applied before being added to your register or becoming visible in the Review and Accept section (if you have this setting enabled).

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Bertilak - I find that this happens when you make change to online connections (add a new FI, or change an existing). Eventually it will go away, but I don't know why or when it does.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Bertilak,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

It simply means that new transaction data and information is being downloaded and "updated" to have payee names, categories, etc appropriately applied before being added to your register or becoming visible in the Review and Accept section (if you have this setting enabled).

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Bertilak - I find that this happens when you make change to online connections (add a new FI, or change an existing). Eventually it will go away, but I don't know why or when it does.

• Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, eventually it DID go away! Still a bit of a mystery

• Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yeah but …

I already see status for each account being updated. Why this additional (redundant?) overall status?

If it's not really redundant, then it is telling me something but I don't know what.

This discussion has been closed.