See Quicken red logo then doesn't start

Options
ghstudio
ghstudio Member ✭✭✭

I have been away for a week and now I can't open Quicken on my windows 11 system. When I click on Quicken, I see the red quicken logo, but then nothing happens…it doesn't hang, there is no active task..it just doesn't start.

I have uninstalled, completely deleted the quicken folder in system32 rebooted and reinstalled…same issue. I then applied the mondo patch..same issue. I then used REVO uninstaller and deleted everything it could find (registry, etc). rebooted, reinstalled…same issue.

I then rebooted windows 11 in safe mode and same issue. I've run malwarebytes and no viruses are found.

I'm stumped….not sure what more I can do..or what log file to look at to get a hint as to what is going wrong.

Note: I've renamed my existing quicken directory to something else….so this should be just like a basic install.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ghstudio,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Did you previously have a multi-monitor setup? Were there any operating system or program updates while you were away? Was the program open while you were away? Is your computer still in safe mode?

Based on your description, you've already done most of the steps from this article, but there are a couple steps you can try:

Try opening Quicken without a data file open:

1. To do this, hold Ctrl + Shift on your keyboard and double-click the Quicken icon.
      • Note: You will need to continue to hold Ctrl + Shift until Quicken opens with a blank screen.
    2. If this occurs, there may be an issue with the data file that's keeping Quicken from opening properly. Follow these steps to Restore a backup file.
    3. Then, Validate the restored backup file by going to File > Validate and Repair File.
    4. Check Validate file and click OK.

Temporarily disable Anti-Virus or Firewall:

The anti-virus and/or firewall on your system could be blocking Quicken from running properly. They will need to be disabled or have the settings updated to include Quicken as a safe program.

If you do not know how to update these settings, please contact your anti-virus/firewall provider.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.