Citibank - Error - download MFA protocol unsupported

Options
Johsin
Johsin Member

I can't download transactions from my wife's Citibank account when using her user name and password saved in Quicken. I checked and it's the correct ones.

I get error message 'UNSUPPORTED_MFA_PROTOCOL.

Do I have to turn off the MFA on her account to be able to download the transactions. Seems awkward, any workarounds?

Johsin

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Johsin,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

There is a work around for Citi credit cards that works for most people; if the account is not a credit card account, this work around does not work. You would want to connect the account(s) using Direct Connect instead of Quicken Connect. To do that, first, backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate the account(s). Reconnect the account(s) by going to Accounts>Add Account and search for Citi Cards. Click the Advanced button.

Select the Direct Connect option.

Then follow the prompts to connect the account(s). Please note that for Direct Connect, you will need to authorize through Citi. This FAQ provides more info on how to do that. Make sure to carefully link the account(s) to the correct name(s) in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Johsin
    Johsin Member
    Options

Kristina, thanks for the feedback. Good to know it's a known and being-worked-on bug, not my user error. I bookmarked it and will look forward to the fix. In the meantime, I prefer to just download the transactions from the Citi website and import them into that account as I've been doing for a long while already. Johsin

This discussion has been closed.