Corrupt 401k file - paycheck feature not working

Options
dman76
dman76 Member

I have had a paycheck setup in the bill section for years and suddenly, it won't allow me to enter the info and move on. To make a long story short, it was determined that 401k account associated with the paycheck must have a problem, because when I tried to deposit it into a different investment account, it worked. I tried to run the file validation tool and it still doesn't work. It looks like my only option will be to create a new 401k account. Is there anyway to do that and keep the data from the old account, perhaps merging them?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dman76,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you have tried a validate and super validate (hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and repair file) and those tools did not correct the issue, you can try restoring a backup from before the issue started (if that is a viable option).

If you prefer re-adding the 401k account and merging the historical information into it you can do that. First, you would want to backup your file. Then, deactivate the problem account. Once the account is deactivated, go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts, being careful to select Add to Quicken instead of Link to existing on the add/link screen.

Once you have the account added as new, to move the history over from the old account, click on that older account to select it, then click on the action gear at the upper right and select Move Transactions.

That will bring up a Move Investment Transactions window that you can use to select the transactions to move and which account to move them to.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.