Problem with One Step Update

Options

Has anyone else seen this change in One Step Update? The settings for the accounts to update are chosen by using the checkboxes to the left of each and the settings used to be saved for future use. Currently the checkboxes must be reset for each update. Is there a way to remember the settings? The Apply button does not seem to carry them over.

Answers

• Oh_boy
    Oh_boy Member
    Options

My checkbox settings are retained on v r50.16

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My settings also are retained on all versions, up to and including v50.16.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Dennis Mahoney,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when the problem started? Could you go into detail what specifically is happening (for instance, Are all the financial institutions not staying checked, or only some? Which financial institutions are affected? Is it always the same ones not staying checked?)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dennis Mahoney
    Dennis Mahoney Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to all for your answers. I am using R51.10, Build 27.1.51.10 which I have updated recently but date uncertain. I don't know the exact time the problem started but it may be with this update. I typically use the Update Accounts button, enter my password for the vault and see that all the financial institutions are unchecked and must be rechecked each time. The Online Services are all checked. The financial institutions are varied.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Dennis Mahoney
    Dennis Mahoney Member ✭✭
    Options

This worked. I first tried Validate and it did not seem to work but Super Validate did. The checked accounts were the ones I have used in the past. Appreciate your quick response and help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear its working properly again.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.