Quicken Server Not Responding and One Step Update Freezing

Options
Jim1976
Jim1976 Member ✭✭

Just recently when trying to do One Step Update I receive "Server not responding, Try again later"! If I wait five to 10 minutes the One Step Update Icon will not work. I have to exit out and start over and then the same thing happens again.

This has been going on for about 2-3 months. I've validated, signed in a a new user, deactivated and reactivated accounts, uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken, etc.

Note: I've been a Quicken user since the 1990's and have never had as much trouble with the program until now.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jim1976,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Was there anything that changed just before this issue started? For example, did you change the email on file with us, change your router, network settings, or internet service provider?

Do you use a VPN, firewall, and/or antivirus? If so, have you tried temporarily pausing those services to see if Quicken is able to function normally with those services temporarily disabled?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jematlas
    jematlas Member ✭✭
    Options

im having the same issue with no changes plus all of a sudden it tells me my subscription has expired when it doesn't come up for renewal until Nov 2023

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jematlas,

Thank you for joining the discussion. What troubleshooting have you already tried? Was there anything that changed just before this issue started? For example, did you change the email on file with us, change your router, network settings, or internet service provider?

Do you use a VPN, firewall, and/or antivirus? If so, have you tried temporarily pausing those services to see if Quicken is able to function normally with those services temporarily disabled?

For the issue with it not recognizing your subscription, have you tried logging out and logging back in again? This article provides instructions on how to do that.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jim1976
    Jim1976 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello@Kristina,

I've done the following: 1)Signed in a different ID User, 2) Uninstalled and Reinstalled Quicken, 3) Deactivated Financial Accounts and Added again, 4) Used a backup file 4 months old before the message started appearing and update freezing. I use Windows 11, access the internet wireless via my AT&t phone (mobile tethering). I have Norton VPN and also use Firefox as webbrowser.

After all this, I still will get, "The Server is not Responding, try again later message" on Update Summary. It's not a true error message, No error codes appear. It appears the accounts are updated, but when this message appears, the update buttons are locked and I have to exit out and start quicken again.

Note: I did chat with quicken support again and the CSR said it might be my VPN. I did turn it off and reenter quicken and the update worked, but I don't know why all of a sudden VPN would be the culprit. I've used Norton with ATT mobile for past several years and it never caused a problem like this?

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated. Sorry for not responding sooner!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Are you able to reliably update your Quicken with the VPN turned off? If that is the case, then its likely a software update changed the way the VPN and Quicken interact just enough that the VPN has started to interfere with Quicken's communication.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jim1976
    Jim1976 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

Yes! It appears that Norton VPN is somehow now interfering with Investing.Quicken.com online updates. Every time I turn off Norton VPN, Quicken Updates will work, if turned on the majority of the time, I'll see the infamous, "The server is not responding message" which then lock up Quicken from doing any further updates, until you exit out and reenter quicken. Note: Once in a while, the update function will work with Norton VPN on, but it's like playing Russian Roulette, so I turn Norton VPN off while updating. I connect my PC to the internet using my AT&t phone as a mobile tethering unit, which is another possible area that could be causing this problem.

So it's either a Norton VPN Program Problem or a Quicken Problem. I've never had this problem until about 2 months ago. So it must be some software update Norton or Quicken has done. I'll contact both and let them know. Don't know if they'll be able to do anything. At least I know what's causing the problem.

If you have any further suggestions, let me know. Thank you for your response.

This discussion has been closed.