junk characters in Check# field

Options
oakapt
oakapt Member

I have just started using Quicken subscription. I created 3 new NUM list items which show up under the Check# field on the transaction register. I enter a few transactions using my newly created values. All looks good until I sync up with the 'cloud'. Then my values have junk characters behind the original characters. Zelle becomes Zelluyyy. Cash becomes Cashuyyy. Venmo becomes Venmuyyy. The uyyy extention in each have special accent marks as you might see in a foreign lanquage. How do I fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @oakapt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? If so, which update? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• oakapt
    oakapt Member
    Options

I am new to Quicken. I noticed this immediately after entering a few transactions. I am on version R50.16 build 27.1.50.16 running on Windows 11.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@oakapt

if you're new around here, you're probably unaware that Quicken's sync to mobile & web has never worked properly since the day it was released. It is known to introduce corruption into Quicken data files. Try turning it off in Preferences and see whether the problem goes away. (It won't fix existing errors but may prevent future ones.)

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.