One Step Update Very Slow

Options
Cliff S
Cliff S Member ✭✭✭

I have seen severl posts where folks are having the problem with very slow One Step Updates. But I have not seen any solution yet.

Here are two examples.

If there is a solution, please provide. This is very fustrating.😖

Comments

• rigleybr
    rigleybr Member ✭✭
    Options

Same thing and I haven't found any posted solutions for this. This has been going on for a long time and I think it's time I look at a Quicken alternative unfortunately (or deal with the agonizing slow OSU and app in general).

• Cliff S
    Cliff S Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello… Is QUICKEN monitoring this discussion?

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kathryn This sounds like the same problem as:

Is it not really resolved?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All of you complaining about Slow One Step Updates
    How slow is it really?
    How many banks are being updated using Express Web Connect (EWC or EWC+)?
    How long does OSU typically take?
    Have you tried running OSU at a different time of day than your usual time?

On my computer, OSU usually finishes in 2 - 3 minutes for 6 EWC banks.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@UKR

The slowness issue has been escalated. You can track the progress by "ticking" this post:

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Those of you who have not updated their QWin to R51.12 might want to consider doing that. It resolved several Quicken issues, including this slow OSU issue, for me this morning.

If you do want to update to R51.12, I suggest not using Quicken to perform the update. There have been people posting that updating from within Quicken has been creating data file issues.

Instead, backup your data file, close Quicken and then download and install the R51.12 Manual Patch from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product . IMO, this is a more reliable and trouble-free method for updating Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Cliff S
    Cliff S Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken, do we have an answer yet?

• SoCalAlain
    SoCalAlain Member
    Options

Any update to this?? I feel like this just keeps getting slower and slower as the weeks/months go by. We shouldn't have to wait 10+ minutes for this to process. Help please!

• Cliff S
    Cliff S Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Quicken, Are you out there???

This issue continues, please don't ignore us!

• sgeiser1
    Options

Why hasn't this been addressed? Quicken can't leave a significant issue like this open so long. I am considering switching away from Quicken subscription after 20+ years of being a Quicken user. It is so slow that it is impacting my efficiency. Please respond quickly!

• sgeiser1
    Options

Update time is now frequently in excess of 10 minutes (it used to take 1-2 minutes for the same account updates).

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

After almost 4 months …… crickets……..❌❌❌

• gwforit
    gwforit Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Update time is ridiculously long for several months now. Quicken user since 1998.

• ukuser
    ukuser Member
    Options

Yep same issue here…..and after a recent forced update its gotten worse and now i get an error off the Capital one update…even though the transactions finally come over….

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

YEP…….. still very slow

• bwilliams
    bwilliams Member
    Options

This isn't going accomplish more than blowing off steam, but… the application is now basically worthless due to this issue.

I fell asleep waiting for Quicken (latest subscription release, Windows 11) to finish updating last night. I restarted it at about 6:30 am this morning, then went to work, out to dinner, and came home to find it still updating. It's been running now for close to 17 hours. I haven't successfully completed an update in nearly a week.

Having used Quicken continuously for about 28 years, I'm now seeking a viable alternative.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I see that R53.16 is being released to a limited number of us. It includes this:

• Addressed various stability issues, including crashes, freezes, and slowdowns, to enhance overall system performance and reliability.

I hope it works…..

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the heads-up. Just installed it. OSU seemed to go a LOT faster.

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

OSU has consistently been much faster since the R53.16 update. It takes about 30 seconds to update all my accounts.

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm on R53.16. It was much faster for a couple days. Now it's back to taking several minutes.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I too still have very slow OSU's on 3 computers now. 1 of the computers is just 3 days old. Installed Quicken Classic Premier and Microsoft Office Pro 2021 on the new computer. Nothing else installed on it yet. Updated all 3 computers to R53.16 this morning hoping the OSU's would be faster. They were not. All 3 computers run everything very fast except for Quicken. Quicken does start up a bit faster with the R53.16 update on all 3 computers but no change is the very, very slow OSU update speed.

• stevedm1
    stevedm1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have this problem. Seems like it started with the last update. I click on an account to change to or to open OSU and the mouse pointer just spins.

• alschoen
    alschoen Member
    Options

It's mid-December 2023, and I'm seeing the same thing happen again now!

This discussion has been closed.