How do I Unconvert from Payee in Bills

Options
Randy 415
Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta

So I set up a manual bill in BIlls and Income tab. And I used Check Pay to pay the bill. Then I selected "Convert to Payee" on the blue menu for that biller. Now I have no way to

use Check Pay with that manual biller like before, because it asks me for the account info for the biller, then says it is a duplicate. (Which I suppose is correct). So how do I now pay that manual bill with Check Pay, when I converted it to payee? (Unconvert to payee?).

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Randy 415,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The "Convert to Payee" function basically a Check Pay payee into a regular Payee. There isn't any undo button or shortcut (aside from restoring a backup from before you made the change). You may need to delete and recreate the transaction so that you'll have the option to select the correct Check Pay payee again.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Randy 415
    Options

Thanks. I tried deleting the reminder (Manual bill) from the Bills and Income tab. Then recreated it as you suggested. Still get the same error. Any other ideas?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I recommend that you restore a backup from before you converted the payee.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Randy 415
    Options

Sorry, but it has been too long. I would lose over 2 weeks of data. I need another option, or can this be reported as a bug and fixed? thanks.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Since restoring from a backup is not a viable option, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.