Upgrade to Home and Business still shows Premier

Options
PFL
PFL Member

I just bought Home and Business to upgrade from Premier. It is on a CD, bought at Staples. After install, it still shows "Premier" at the top of the page, there is no Business Tab (checked Tabs to View), and the Help - About Quicken pop up box shows "Premier". When I did the install, it said ti would do 3 things: 1. Uninstall old version, 2. install new version, and 3. update.

I still have the same Premier that I had before, although the box and cD clearly read "Home and Business"

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

(EDIT: Added a clarification regarding software upgrade requirements….shown below in italics.)

For future reference: You did not need to uninstall and then install the new software (unless the Quicken software being updated is pre-Quicken Subscription). There is only one Quicken software. Your subscription determines which features are turned on or off….in other words, which edition of Quicken your computer will show and run.

When you installed your H&B, did you enter the activation code that is on the CD box that you bought?

If not, open Quicken and go to Help > Manage Your Subscription > Enter Activation Code > enter the code > Activate Membership. This should upgrade your subscription to H&B.

If after entering the activation code your installation still shows you are subscribed to Premier: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > when prompted sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW. This will refresh your Cloud Account and update your installation to H&B.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

(EDIT: Added a clarification regarding software upgrade requirements….shown below in italics.)

For future reference: You did not need to uninstall and then install the new software (unless the Quicken software being updated is pre-Quicken Subscription). There is only one Quicken software. Your subscription determines which features are turned on or off….in other words, which edition of Quicken your computer will show and run.

When you installed your H&B, did you enter the activation code that is on the CD box that you bought?

If not, open Quicken and go to Help > Manage Your Subscription > Enter Activation Code > enter the code > Activate Membership. This should upgrade your subscription to H&B.

If after entering the activation code your installation still shows you are subscribed to Premier: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > when prompted sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW. This will refresh your Cloud Account and update your installation to H&B.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Did this resolve the issue for you?

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One caveat to @Boatnmaniac 's response, you do need to do the un-install / install if you do not already have subscription Quicken (2018+ for US, 2017+ for Cdn) installed.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for catching this. I edited my earlier post accordingly.

• PFL
    PFL Member
    Options

Thank you, that resolved it. I"d suggest the install.exe end with a prompt to "Enter Activation Code". I assumed [wrongly] that when the window came up that said "you are ready to use Quicken" and to select "Done" that it had already updated my subscription.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

For current versions- if you purchase directly from Quicken, there is No Activation Code… just done and associated with your Quicken ID.

Only with any Retail purchase or download - is there an Activation Code that needs to be entered …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.