Quicken Imposed Renewal Banner On My Home Screen That Seems to Be Permanent [Edited]

Options
blueocean
blueocean Member ✭✭

When I didn't renew my subscription Quicken imposed a huge spam advertisement on my home screen. It takes up over a fourth of my screen. They've also put a banner across the top of my screen which is a constant annoyance.

Is there a way to permanently prevent this. I don't want to have to go through hours of complicated software corrections every year when they decide to spam me.

I would really appreciate a helpful solution from anyone who can help. Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    Options

My version is R50.16 and the Build is 27.1.50.16

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The only way to get rid of the renewal banner and panel is to have an active subscription. There is no workaround, temporary or permanent.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Speculation]

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I just decreased the size of my window and was able to move the obnoxious ad out of sight. Problem solved! But then it shrank my content so that the advertisement could again be seen in full. [Removed - Disruptive/Speculation]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @blueocean,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the resubscribe banner. It is disclosed in this FAQ that these banners do appear when your subscription is expired. Since you use the Windows version of Quicken, one thing you can do if those banners make it hard to use/read your account registers is go to View>Use Pop-up Registers.

There is also a post in the Product Ideas section of the Community requesting that this be changed. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in future versions of Quicken. You can click here if you would like to review the post and add your vote.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the current version of Quicken and there is no View option to 'Use Pop-up Registers'

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm sorry to hear you're not seeing that option. It should be under the View menu option (see sample image below).

If its not giving you that option, you can also turn on Pop-up registers by going to Edit>Preferences>Register and in the Register appearance section, there is a checkbox you can use to select pop-up registers.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Speculation]

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

As I said, there is no option under the View menu. And the 'Use pop up registers' you referenced does exist - but it is grayed out, un-checkable. Hmmmm…. Two features that should solve this Spam problem and screen real estate problem and scrolling problem are no longer available. The solutions to these problems seemed to have been removed.

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@blueocean Do you have "standard menus" selected on the View menu?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    Options

I did not have Standard selected, but on your prompt I selected it, exited and relaunched the program. It did remain selected after the reboot but the pop up option was still not available in the View menu. In Register Preferences it was still grayed out.

However, when I toggled on "Full Screen" under View, the spam panel went away! But so did the column with my Accounts and Balances. Please advise. There probably is a simple way to make the accounts reappear.

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I've had some times to work with the program now. I can only see all of my accounts if I am not in Full Screen mode. This inserts the awful Spam advertisement and scrunches everything closer together. And it makes the Save and Split Transaction buttons accessible only if navigate to the bottom scroll bar and scroll the screen to the right. Then I can see my splits and save the transaction. But it also cuts off the Date and Notes columns.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS: You're doing a lot of work in your Quicken program. But if you want to use Quicken's Split Transaction feature then you have to eliminate the Date column. To get it back, you have to retoggle the Full View menu item. And you usually have to do that every time you create or edit a transaction.

This is just not going to work. Working in a financial program is difficult anyway and requires concentration and speed. This changes everything about the program. This program is now more difficult to use than the Version that I had before I paid for the update.

Please don't ghost me in this situation.

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    Options

You've removed my post. Can you at least answer my questions.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@blueocean do you have Quicken set to open to a specific account register? If so, the setting for using pop up registers will not be available.

Have you considered to reverting to the earlier version of Quicken you were using prior to the subscription version? What earlier version were you using?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• blueocean
    blueocean Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yes!!! I did have it set to open to a specific account! So I've reset it to open to Home and the 'pop-up registries' is now available. My account did then pop up in a separate window and it looks great. I still can't see the accounts column that I normally have on the right but I will try to find a way to do that.

Thank you so much for helping with this problem!!!

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are quite welcome.

I, too, find the expiration banner to be an extremly annoying "feature".

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.