chase credit card payment download problem

Options
kndtl138
kndtl138 Member

i have two different credit cards with chase. when i download the transactions, either through one step update or manually through the chase website, payments show up in both accounts. IE one account ends in 5340 the other in 3055. when i go to the transaction list for either account the payments for both accounts show up. In both accounts. I can see the credit card numbers under category written like this [CREDIT CARD XX5340].

Also, in my chase checking account i notice all payments to the credit cards come out of the account showing payee as Chase Card Ending In Xxxx with the date after.

Not sure if i'm doing something wrong or it is an issue.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @kndtl138,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? If so, which update? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date.
    Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the downloading process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the download process should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts. (Mac Users:) If it's not able to do so, it will create an apparent duplicate transaction. Mouse click and drag the downloaded duplicate over the correct transfer transaction already in the register, to eliminate the duplicate.

This discussion has been closed.