Paycheck Rollover

Options
droopydog53
droopydog53 Member ✭✭✭

I was wondering what the logic is for not having the option to select the rollover feature for paychecks. It is available for "Personal Income," why not paychecks as well? Thanks!!

Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rollover typically refers to amounts rolling over to the next month in a Quicken budget. Is that where you are wanting the paycheck Income to roll over, @droopydog53 ?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• droopydog53
    droopydog53 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@UKR , Good call on the picture. As you can see, there are no options for the green arrow to select the rollover option. My desire is to average out my paychecks over the year and roll over the overage or underage of the paycheck so that I get a accurate picture of how I am getting paid. The paychecks are not always the same month to month.

@mshiggins, the short answer is yes that is what I desire.

Now having said all of that, it may not make sense to do that from an accounting standpoint, but I don't know what I don't know. I am open to the proper logic if that is the case.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you're talking about the three categories USMC, Cindy's Pay Deposit, and IGMC …
    have you tried clicking the category name individually for each of these categories?
    A group of 3 icons should appear next to the category name, Rollover options among them. Now click the Rollover options icon to enable rollover.

This discussion has been closed.