Investment Account / Landing Page Change

Options
MaryR
MaryR Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Investing (Windows)

The issue started after the most recent release. I have Windows.

My 401K landing page changed after the recent release. Originally, I have a "register view". Now, my landing page is a 'quad" of Total Value / Portfolio Security / Top Movers / Value of Time. I want the previous view.

I searched Help and found instructions to click the gear / edit account / display options to change the view. However, the options provided do not offer a "register view".

How do I return to the original view?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Sounds to me like the update switched you to "Simple" investing. That's been known to happen. You can switch it back if that's the case.

Also take a look at Edit > Preferences… > Investments and see what's been selected there.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While viewing the account, click on the gear and select Edit Account details.

On the General tab, there should be a box labeled Tracking method. In this box, select "Complete - Positions and transactions"

It sounds like the Help is wrong. Do you remember what search term led you to the incorrect Help?

QWin Premier subscription
  • QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@maryR - there have been other posts lately with the same issue. Your investment account tracking method has changed from "Complete" to "Simple". Go to Account Details, and at the bottom of the page, you should see "Tracking Method. Just simply select "Complete" and that should get your register back to the way it was. You may need to do some cleanup and reconcile after this process is done. Check your balances and transactions. You may need to delete some "extra" or add some missing transactions.

""

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Tom Young

In R51.10, the option to disable Simple Mode has been removed and replaced with "Default to Simple Investing for new accounts". It appears that this change caused some accounts that had previously displayed in Complete mode to switch to Simple mode.

QWin Premier subscription
  • MaryR
    MaryR Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Tom Young and @Jim Harmon.

I do not recall the search term that led to incorrect "help", unfortunately. I did have to reconcile several times before "synching" with my investment accounts.

• Rmplmnz
    Rmplmnz Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!!

This is brutal…restore backup changed a crazy number of accounts from "Simple" to "Complete".

This discussion has been closed.