Tax Line Items

Options
Erik T
Erik T Member ✭✭

I am not seeing a complete list of 1098 items, most importantly the 1098-T for my kids college expenses. I was told I would receive these from the colleges so I was wondering if there was a way to add tax line items or would quicken update these tax line items?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since Quicken is not a tax program it does not include all the tax forms. It does a fairly good job capturing most of more common tax, schedules, reports and planning features but comes up very shy of being a robust, comprehensive tax reporting/planning tool.

There is a Product Idea posted to add additional tax forms/schedules to Quicken or to allow users to add them. You can view that idea by clicking on this link: Tax Reports Should Contain current 1040 tax schedules, such as 1, 2 and 3. If you agree with the idea, please cast your vote for it. The Quicken Team does review the ideas posted and the more votes an idea has the more likely that at some point the idea will be added to their Development Plan.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since Quicken is not a tax program it does not include all the tax forms. It does a fairly good job capturing most of more common tax, schedules, reports and planning features but comes up very shy of being a robust, comprehensive tax reporting/planning tool.

There is a Product Idea posted to add additional tax forms/schedules to Quicken or to allow users to add them. You can view that idea by clicking on this link: Tax Reports Should Contain current 1040 tax schedules, such as 1, 2 and 3. If you agree with the idea, please cast your vote for it. The Quicken Team does review the ideas posted and the more votes an idea has the more likely that at some point the idea will be added to their Development Plan.

• Erik T
    Erik T Member ✭✭
    Options

Great, Thanks!

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for adding the post to that Product Idea.

If you have not cast your vote for the Idea, please do so. To cast your vote for it click on the triangle below and to the left side of the original post in the thread.

Also, if you bookmark it you will be notified when there are new posts added to the thread and when there is a status change made to it.

See this example showing how to cast your vote for an Idea and bookmark it:

This discussion has been closed.