OSU update issue with First National Bank Omaha

Options
M_B
M_B Member ✭✭

Today, I am having issues with my previously linked and functioning account at FNBO. I received continuous requests (loop) for TFA. I exited OSU and reset my 4 accounts by deactivating and reactivating. Received the same TFA during the reactivation and 2 of the 4 accounts were not listed/found. Activated the 2 it did find and then ran OSU again. The same TFA requests/loop occurred during the OSU. There are no error messages just the TFA requests which keep occurring even after entering the codes. I suspect this is an aggregator issue, but needs to be fixed to not require TFA every time I update and to locate/add my two missing FNBO accounts to the OSU. My Quicken file is up to date and running on Windows.

Comments

• JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I've never been prompted for a TFA when updating my FNBO credit card account until this morning. Why would this suddenly be a requirement?

Quicken R51.10, Windows.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @M_B & @JB_105,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When caught in a 2 factor authentication (2FA) loop, that may mean that the financial institution server is telling Quicken that the verification information is incorrect. First, you will want to log in to your financial institution's website and verify the 2FA settings on the financial institution website are correct.

If the settings are correct and the issue persists, you will need to backup your file, then you will want to check for any hidden accounts in your Quicken for that financial institution. You can do that by going to Tools>Account List. If you have any hidden accounts, there will be a checkbox in the lower left corner to give you the option to make them visible in your account list.

You would then want to check for any hidden accounts that Quicken still thinks are connected to that financial institution. If Quicken thinks the accounts are connected, you will see the word "yes" in the Transaction Download column.

If there are any hidden accounts that Quicken thinks are connected to that financial institution, please deactivate or close those accounts as appropriate. Once any hidden accounts are taken care of, try adding/relinking your accounts again to see if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've fortunately not been caught in a loop. When I enter the tfa code the update proceeds as normal.
    For me the tfa prompt didn't start until after updating to R51.10.
    I have no hidden accounts. Maybe it's just a new requirement initiated by FNBO?

• robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am being asked for TFA every time I do a one-step-update (making it a two-step-update I guess). It means I have to watch the OSA instead of running it in the background. It's very annoying and started for me about three days ago.

• M_B
    M_B Member ✭✭
    Options

I've checked with FNBO and they report no changes to their system. I should also state I have no hidden accounts and after deactivating all four accounts, I am only able to reconnect two. The others are not showing up when reconnecting (have to use tfa during all updates and linking processes. As I stated in the original post, this appears to me to be an aggregator issue as it just started happening and I can sign into my FNBO accounts without any issues. I've also submitted this under the report an issue, but of course no response or resolution from Quicken

• Walter@@
    Walter@@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have exactly the same problem. However, FNBO changed the login recently to require TFA on the website. At least mine did.

• M_B
    M_B Member ✭✭
    Options

While the TFA login change from FNBO is true, that has been in effect for a short while and my Quicken update has been successful until 7/28. And, I don't have to pass TFA when logging in from a recognized browser. So, it looks to me as if something has changed with Quicken and/or their aggregator.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, for those who haven't already done so, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-7363)

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Our teams looked into it and found that the 2 factor authentication requirement is coming from First National Bank Omaha. They recommend you reach out to FNBO for further assistance.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

FNBO now requires some form of 2 factor authorization (TFA) to access my information on their website.

Their solution is to use TFA as provided.

My solution is to press Cancel on the Quicken dialogue box requesting the Secure Code delivery method during a One Step Update.

If I I know I've had FNBO activity or want to check I'll follow the TFA path and do a TSU (Two Step Update)

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• bullmoon
    bullmoon Member ✭✭
    Options

Kind of a bummer and a hassle. I get a good deal on BP gas with that card, otherwise I'd just cancel them.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I get a good deal on auto related purchases, otherwise I'd cancel also.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm actually pleased with the approach I've taken to selectively cancel the TFA for FNBO.

I have the One Step Update Summary set to always display and that's helpful because I can see the last time I updated FNBO using their TFA.

Here's a screen snip from today's OSU where I opted to cancel the FNBO update. It's showing me that August 1st was the last time it was updated.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

FNBO no longer requires Two Factor Authorization for One Step Update as of August 5th, 2023.

I've updated the last two days without having to request a secure code for TFA.

This discussion has been closed.