Paycheck entry in Bills & Income

Options
Robert Armani
Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭

Paycheck entry is NOT an auto-entry, it's just a manual entry. However, after entering the paycheck a couple of days early [it gets deposited two days early] it still says "Due" on the day of. Apparently, it doesn't recognize the manual entry.

Is there a way for it to make the system recognize the entry or it's another glitch?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Robert Armani,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue first started? Is this issue happening only with paycheck reminders, or is it also affecting other income reminders?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Robert Armani
    Options

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for you your response. This has been happening for the past 2-3 months (I can't recall specifically), but I was thinking the latest update would fix that issue too.

I'm using the HB&R version R51.10 now.

Note: When I manually enter the paycheck it updates the date under the "Last Payment" column and shows the correct date under "Current Bill" column. However, on the actual date It shows that a bill is due. When I look at the "Bills, Income & Transfers" tab there's nothing due. But, in the "Manage manual bills & income" screen it shows due. Another words these two screens do not pick up information from one another.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Is the image below similar to what you are seeing in your register?

What do you see when you go to Tools>Calendar? Does it see both the transaction in the register and the reminder? Does it see it as both received and due when you go to Tools>Manage Bill & Income Reminders and select the Monthly Bills & Deposits tab?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Robert Armani
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I will check it again when it's due again in the middle of the month. Right now it doesn't show any different, because I had to skip the one in the Manage Manual Bills & Income to make it the same as the one showing on the Bills, Income & Transfers tab.

• Robert Armani
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I tested it this time to see if there were any changes in the paycheck entry and I came up with the following:

Entered on the Bills, Income & Transfers screen. BTW, the Aug 30 is the next bill entry date, which advanced as the current one was entered.

And, this is what shows on the Reminders screen.

The only way for me to get rid of this is to skip it.

Suggestions?

• Quicken Kristina
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is the transaction showing up in your register at all, or is only the reminder visible?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Robert Armani
    Options

Yes, because I manually entered it (and it's setup that way). However, it was showing due again today as you can see the status changed from Upcoming to Due:

How can something be due again when it was entered a couple of days ago?

• Quicken Kristina
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-7450)

Quicken Kristina

• Robert Armani
    Options

Thank you! I'll submit a problem report shortly.

This discussion has been closed.